Who shall be next?

It was very depressing. After his last mission, his health took a turn for the worst. And now, at his funeral, Po couldn't help but feel confused and a little angry. Not at Master Ox, the person who had just died, but angry at something else. As the Furious Five and Po returned to the Jade Palace, Po couldn't really register what was going on around him. All he knew was that he was sitting in his chair and the others were talking about Master Ox's great victories and stories. Po didn't hear or pay attention to the others. He was too busy thinking to himself.

"Remember when Master Ox won the battle against the Invading Hordes?" Mantis exclaimed.

"Yes, I remember. I was learning the Fungi Kick when we heard about it," Tigress replied. Viper couldn't help notice something. She couldn't hear one person's voice in the whole conversation. It was usually the most prevalent voice around. Viper looked at Po and could see his slightly frustrated face.

"Po, are you okay?" Viper asked. This snapped the panda out of his thinking process. His face changed from frustrated to alert and wondering.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine," Po replied.

"Are you sure? You've been quiet ever since we've come back," Viper said. Po sighed. He knew he couldn't hide it from the others. He might as well tell them what was bothering him.

"I was just thinking about Master Ox and his legacy," Po answered.

"And," Crane asked. Po sighed.

"What's going to happen to it," Po asked. Everyone was confused about that question.

"What do you mean? His legacy will carry on for as long as people will remember it," Mantis said.

"I know, and there will never be one exactly like him, but... who will carry on that kind of legacy?" Po asked. The others were still confused.

"Po, what exactly are you asking?" Tigress questioned.

"Who will be the next Master Ox," Po simply explained.

"Well, no one can be exactly like Master Ox."

"I'm not asking for a copycat," Po answered Viper, "I'm saying, who will be the next Master Ox. Who will be the next person to be strong and courageous and have the spirit he did?"

"I still don't understand what you're going at, Po," Monkey said. Po sighed. He knew it was difficult to explain.

"For example, who will be the next Oogway?" Po asked. The Furious Five looked at each other.

"We thought it was you," Tigress replied, "You did say that Oogway made you his true successor."

"And the legacy he has lived on through me. But what about Master Ox? And what about you guys."

"Us?"

"Who will be the next Furious Five? Who will step up to the big bad guy and face him head on?" Po asked.

"Why are you so passionate about this, Po?" Tigress asked.

"Because," Po paused for a moment, "Because the people that we use to look up to are going away now. Oogway's gone, Master Rhino is gone, now Master Ox. And it's only the beginning. I know there are many other masters who are near the end. I just don't want their story to die out."

"They won't," Tigress said. Everyone turned to her. "As long as their story is there to be recorded in history, we will have another one like Master Ox. Someone down the line will be inspired by the story of him and will choose to become the next Master Ox," Tigress said standing up. "The same goes for all of us. When the Furious Five are their own masters, or when we all die, there will be someone who hears our story and decides to become like us. The thing is they will have a legacy different from ours, but the vision within them, the dream of them, will be like ours. There will be another Master Ox, Po." Tigress explained, "You may not live to see it, but there will be another like him. Just like there will be another like you." Po smiled.

"Thanks, Tigress," Po replied. Then his stomach growled.

"Although, hopefully, they won't have as big an appetite as you," Tigress smirked. Po nervously chuckled as everyone laughed.

A Tribute to all the people who helped to change the world for the better. And a reminder to the next generation to become the next legend.

The End