Love to Hate

The sun was over the land of the Valley of Peace. The morning mist rolled out of the town and burned away from the sun's rays. Slowly and surely, the sleeping people of the valley awoke and the small streets of the Jade Palace came alive. Up high on the mountain of the Jade Palace floated the clouds of the skies. The wind sometimes would curl. It would drop and rise and drop again. The hollow empty courtyard of the Jade Palace was littered with exercise equipment. A spiky ball there, a staff and sword there, and a punching dummy the only standing thing in the court. The Furious Five had been out for a while on a mission. Master Shifu was in the Hall of Heroes. The tall towering structure of the hall was still impressive to this day. Master Shifu had his eyes closed, sitting in front of the sacred pool. Off on a cliff higher in the mountain region was a strong new tree. It sat on this cliff starting to bear the peach fruit it was destined to bear. A hand grabbed the peach and bit a piece off from it. Po was relaxing by the nearly fully grown tree. His battle with the great and powerful Kai was exhausting and eye-opening at the very least.

Po sighed. It was a very peaceful morning. Quiet, serene, everything was almost tranquil. Po's feet dangled off the side of the cliff. He looked down at the village below. Simple and plain. He could see the small commotion that ebbed away into uniform oneness. Probably the Furious Five finishing off some bandits. On closer inspection with his eye scope, Po could see the Furious Five taking down a warthog bandit. Po smirked a bit. He remembered when it was just the Furious Five doing all the saving. Now everyone looked at him, and the Furious Five thankfully. He didn't want all the credit about his awesomeness. Po sighed again. "Another day, " He started, "Another day to realize that I'm the Dragon Warrior." Po laughed a bit at the whole thing.

"Aren't you bragging a bit too much," a voice behind him asked. Po jumped as he turned around. Po relaxed to see Tigress.

"Oh, it's just you," Po calmed down. Tigress still looked at him with a stern look. "What? What did I do wrong this time?"

"Why are you contemplating about how you're so 'awesome'," Tigress asked a little annoyed.

"It's not that," Po replied. "I just can't believe I'm the Dragon Warrior."

"Why? I thought you were over the shock by now," Tigress questioned. Her stern attitude had changed to a confused and curious one.

"I know I should be, but I just can't get over the fact. I know you can't too," Po muttered.

"That's not...entirely true," Tigress protested. "I've come to accept the way things are."

"Then why are you so hard on me," Po asked. Tigress could tell he was sincere. Tigress crossed her arms.

"Well, there's the fact that you do have a tendency to get yourself into trouble," Tigress answered.

"That's not what I meant. I meant before all that," Po questioned. Tigress became quiet for a while.

"Po, there's... I mean... I'm not really..."

"You can't answer it, can you?" Po said a little angry.

"I can," Tigress hastily answered, "I'm just... trying to phrase it right." Po stood up and looked her dead in the eye.

"Then just say it," Po said.

"No," Tigress remarked.

"Why won't you?"

"Because... I can't."

"Yes, you can."

"No!"

"Say it!"

"No," Tigress shouted back.