Bartender

"Really? This?" I asked.

"Oh just shut up and write. You're lucky that the people don't want a backstory about me," Demi said. I shrugged.

"If I could I would, but you're right I really don't know if the people would want your backstory," I said. "But this story is just stereotyping plus I don't know the history of people who do this."

"Then. Make. It. Up!" Demi clarified. I rolled my eyes.

**********************************

There was never anything new at her job. It was always the same, a guy comes in either with friends or alone, depressed or already intoxicated, checking her out or just taking a drink. Not that there weren't exciting times. Her friends would come in frequently to check on her and she would do some tricks she had learned on the job. There were also the intoxicated nut jobs that would stumble out the room and leave a mess for her to clean up. Tigress's bartending job had its ups and downs. There were some basic rules that she had for the job.

Rule 1. Never give the customer a reason to look at you or speak to you directly or for long. She had learned that simply dressing in a certain way could cause men and women to speak to her. Yet when the women spoke, it was mostly out of jealousy for what the men were looking at. So she tried really hard to look formal and uninteresting. She would even avoid putting makeup. But those things couldn't hide her natural beauty, so she just tried not to talk to the customers.

Rule 2: Don't get into anyone's business. Sure Tigress would love to help all the sad mopey people that would come into the high-scale bar that she looked over, but that would open the door into a mess of things that she didn't want to get into. She actually had a system where she would leave fortune cookies for these people, but it proved to be unhelpful. So, she just decided to keep her nose out of other people's business.

Rule 3: (The most important one) NEVER FALL IN LOVE AT THE BAR! Tigress sees tons of single, handsome and cute men come into the bar who are interested in her. But at the bar, people are completely different. They may or may not show their real self. Plus, when alcohol is involved, she knew not to go for them. Being a bartender, a person will see the worst a person can do or say. Because of that, and because of history with it, Tigress promised herself never to have alcohol. That's the only thing that made her parents proud of her work as a bartender. That and she was doing this so she could do her online college classes. Song, her coworker, appreciated this about Tigress, but she didn't understand the reason for the three rules. "Why so uptight about it?" She asked.

"We work at a place where people don't think right when they drink," Tigress explained as she poured the drink into the cup and served the customer, not even looking them in the face.

"Okay, I can understand not falling in love. That's just common sense, but the first one is a little harsh don't you think?" Song said. Tigress sighed. She had explained this to her before but held strong on it.

"Aren't you tired of guys making sexy comments about you and their 'concubines' getting upset?" Tigress asked. Song shrugged with a bit of a twinkle in her eye.

"I can't help it if they like what they see," Song remarked, swaying her hips a bit. Tigress rolled her eyes as she playfully pushed Song away. Song had always been the flirting type. She just found it fun. Tigress and Song went back to work when Song rushed around getting orders done. Tigress wanted to help, but Song refused. "I got this under control."

"Is that why you're mixing up the drinks?" Tigress smirked. "What's the rush?"

"I just remembered that I promised Viper and Mei-Ling I would go out with them so I have to get these things done quickly," Song replied, fixing the mess she made. Tigress sighed.