Don't Read It

Privacy is an interesting thing. People will fight for it, yet they'll show the most private things about themselves to everyone. Most people want it, but they don't really realize the consequence of it. That which is kept in the dark will come to the light. The best way to avoid this is to have integrity. Integrity is when public life and character are the same as the private life and character. There is no difference between the two. Now, you would expect this from Po, correct?

Po was coming back from the village. He had finally climbed the mountain of steps and was huffing and puffing his heart out. "I've got to figure out a better way for this," Po breathed. Po went into the Training Hall where he was hit by a staff. "OW!" Po stumbled back.

"Oh, sorry Po," Monkey apologized. "It slipped."

"Yeah, I could tell," Po muttered rubbing his head. Just then, Master Shifu and Tigress came in.

"Po, I have a message for you to send to the neighboring village. It must be delivered immediately," Shifu replied. Po groaned.

"I just came up those steps," He complained.

"Don't worry," Monkey patted him on the back, "With any luck, those villagers will give you some pitstop snacks." Po perked up at this. Shifu shook his head with a smile.

"You, Master Tigress, and Master Monkey will give the messages to the villages."

"Villages? I thought it was just one message," Po protested.

"Yes, one message for each village," Shifu said, giving Po and Monkey two sets of scrolls. "You should be done by the end of the day. Take care." Just then, Master Crane flew in.

"Po, your father needs your help. A giant flow of customers has come in and he needs some help," Crane said. Po felt conflicted. Then Tigress spoke.

"I'll help your father. You two get the messages to the villages," Tigress replied. Po sighed.

"Thanks, Tigress. I owe you one," Po said.

"Fine, then make sure that the messages get delivered," Master Shifu instructed. While Po and Monkey went to the villages, Tigress stepped into the shop.

"Master Tigress? What are you doing here? Is Po okay," Mr. Ping said. Master Tigress calmed him with her small smile.

"He's fine. He had to go deliver some messages. I've been sent in the meantime to help you," Tigress said. Mr. Ping took to her immediately as she found herself wrapped in an apron.

"Good, tables five and three need refills. And make sure to charge them," Mr. Ping replied.

"I thought refills were free," Tigress questioned. Mr. Ping looked at her with a shocked and an aghast look. "My mistake," Tigress apologized. So Tigress helped Mr. Ping with the shop, helping customers and waiting tables. After the rush was over, Mr. Ping congratulated her work.

"Amazing. I didn't think you could do it," Mr. Ping said, "If you ever need a job, there's always an opening." Tigress smiled just a hint.

"Thank you, but I'll stick to my Kung Fu skills," Tigress replied, "If you don't have anything else for me to do-"

"Actually, there is something I want you to do," Mr. Ping said with a slightly mischievous smile. "Po has one of my cutting knives upstairs in his room. He uses it for his dolls. I would try to look for it, but I don't have the time to go up there."

"Sure, Mr. Ping," said Tigress. She went upstairs to see the chaos and mess that was Po's room. It's expected, she guessed. The funny thing is that he would be able to find anything in this mess. On the window still sat the chest of miniature action figures. Tigress started to look around. She couldn't bother the place too much or Po would know something was wrong. So she looked underneath the bed finally finding the knife, but she also found something else under the bed. Something that look like a scroll. Against her better judgment, she took the scroll out to read what it was. She fought with herself to open it. "I shouldn't," She told herself. But she really wanted to know what it was. "It's probably just a cooking recipe," Tigress said to herself, trying to lose interest. But it was in vain. She carefully opened the scroll.