The Doorknob

"Po, make sure that the pot is boiling!" Po's father shouted from the dinner tables.

"On it, Dad," Po replied. Po briefly checked the pot and stirred its content. It was a nice slow day for the shop. Nothing too urgent was happening at the Jade Palace and so Po decided to go help his Dad. "Tigress, could you make sure table nine is swept, please?" Tigress nodded and went to work. Tigress tagged along as well after Po kept badgering her to join. Not that Po really needed to. Tigress enjoyed spending time outside of the Jade Palace as anyone else. She just like training a bit more than others. As Po kneaded the bread that was going to be served the customers, Po's father rushed in with excitement.

"Po! I have exciting news," Mr. Ping said jumping.

"What is it?" Po asked.

"A customer has asked for my special new special!" the goose gleamed. Po smiled but he rolled his eyes.

"You mean the one that costs three times as much as the noodle soup but is basically the same thing?" Po asked.

"No, not that. The other one," Mr. Ping said. Po looked confused. "You mean I haven't shown it to you?"

"Is something wrong?" Tigress asked as she came in. Po briefly explained.

"And now he's talking about some recipe that I didn't even know we had," Po replied.

"Well, it's a big order, but fortunately I still know how to make it," Mr. Ping said, rushing to the stove to start.

"We'll help you," Po volunteered. Then something happened that Po thought would never happen in his life.

"No, Po. This is a special kind of recipe. It involves no mistakes," Mr. Ping said plainly. Po knew he was right, but he didn't think his father would say it so bluntly.

"But there are no accidents in life," Po quoted from Master Oogway to which Tigress rolled her eyes.

"Exactly, which is why I can't have an accident now," Mr. Ping explained. Po felt a little rejected. "Po, it's a special kind of recipe. It wouldn't be right for you not to be prepared for it. Why don't you look in my room for it? That way you can be ready for the next time."

"Okay," Po said, feeling a bit better. "Where is it?"

"The recipe?"

"No, your room?" Po asked.

"You've never been in his room?" Tigress asked.

"I've never wanted to be in his room," Po replied.

"Why?"

"One, I never really have to go to it. Two, there are only three doors in the house. One goes to my room and the other two are either a storage closet or his room. I've never been to either because I usually have to go straight to the kitchen. Three, he usually locked the door when he comes to work to make sure no one sneaks in," Po answered. Then he whispered to Tigress. "That and I don't want to smell like noodles."

"You mean more than you already do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Po, you've always smelt like noodles," Tigress explained.

"REALLY!? And you guys never mentioned that!"

"We thought you knew. Plus, it doesn't bother us anymore. For me, it's rather...soothing," Tigress said with a mischievous smirk. Po glared at her for a few moments before his father spoke again, throwing his keys to his room to Po.

"Anyways, my room is on the left." With that, Tigress and Po went up to his room. "It's on one of the shelves," he shouted out. Once Po and Tigress opened the door, they saw different shelves with different scrolls, books, and papers.