Distant

It was very unexplainable. They were usually great friends and were close. Why then were they apart so much. Mantis hopped onto Monkey's shoulder as they decided to visit their panda friend down at the mountain. Just then, they were passing the Training Hall when Crane came out puffing and huffing. "What's the matter, Crane? You look like you've been nearly mauled," Mantis said.

"I was sparring with Tigress," Crane replied. Though sparring wasn't something new among the gang, Tigress normally sparred with Po. "It's been a while since I've sparred with her. I'm out-of-shape."

"Why isn't Po sparring with her? He's usually the first person to spar with her," Monkey asked. Crane shrugged then cried out in pain.

"OW! I don't know. I haven't seen them together in a while," Crane replied through a groan.

"Hmm, maybe we should check in on Po. See how he's doing," Monkey suggested.

"Good idea. In the meantime, I'm going to get some sleep and rest. Ow," Crane whimpered in pain. The bug and monkey went down the mountain to find their friend. They found Po happily serving the customers' order. They were just in time to see him nearly spill soup all over a pig's head. Like lightning, Po grabbed the bowl out of the air before it could touch the person's head.

"Sorry about that," Po apologized nervously. He placed the plate down and saw his friends in the entryway. "Hey, guys! What's up? Bandits? Killer crocs? Evil Warlords?"

"No, actually we were just here to check up on you. And we wanted to ask you a question," Monkey said with startling seriousness. Po tilted his head in confusion as he sat down with the monkey and bug.

"What's the question?"

"Are you and Tigress having a fight?" Mantis asked. Po seemed really confused now.

"No, why?"

"You two have been distant from each other for quite some time now," Monkey explained. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened. I have work down here and Tigress likes to train. We're still great friends," Po said truthfully. Mantis and Monkey looked at each other. Po seemed like he was telling the truth, but something just didn't seem right.

"Well, why are you working here anyway? I thought you liked the Jade Palace?" Monkey asked.

"I do, but my dad needs help so I offer my help when I can," Po replied.

"Then why don't you even talk to Tigress? You two have been silent to each other for a week now," Mantis asked bluntly.

"There hasn't been much to talk about," Po nervously said.

"Okay, now that's a lie. You ALWAYS have something to talk about," Mantis remarked.

"Hey, I can be speechless as well, okay!" Po argued.

"The point is that we're worried that something may be up between you two," Monkey said calmly.

"Nothing serious is wrong with us," Po replied as a customer called him. "Well, I have to get to work. And don't worry about me and Tigress. We're still good friends," Po said cheerfully. Somehow the panda's smile didn't comfort them. Monkey and Mantis went back up the Jade Palace stairs and went through the barracks. Had they paid attention, they would have overheard Viper, Crane, and Tigress talking in Tigress's room.

"Okay, do you think this would go better with his feathers or this?" Viper asked.

"Viper, I don't understand why you asked me to help you with this?" Tigress questioned.

"Well, you may not be trendy or anything, but you do have a good eye for warrior styles," Viper replied. Tigress couldn't argue with that. Mostly because she didn't know how to. Crane grumbled under his breath as Viper wrapped another cloth around his waist. Tigress smiled at the bird's discomfort.