Pretend

"You can't be serious. I know that's not true," Po replied.

"You don't know that for sure," Tigress answered.

"You don't either," Po countered. "Tigress, I know that they don't think of you like that. Most of those people have either changed their minds or moved. It's different now." Tigress sighed.

"I'm going to need more than your word for it, Po," Tigress said. Po, Crane, and Tigress were at the top of the Jade Palace steps. They had been talking to make the time go by and so Po wouldn't notice how many steps he was walking up. The conversation had taken an interesting turn into Tigress's past with the village, which according to her was riddled with people who didn't accept her. Po was still passionate about the subject.

"Listen, if I told you that almost every single bunny, pig, and duck girl and boy want to be like you, would you believe me then?" Po asked.

"I would need to SEE them saying that," Tigress replied.

"Okay, stay here, I'll get a few hundred children," Po said.

"Po," Tigress groaned.

"May I offer a suggestion," Crane butted in. "Maybe you could find out for yourself what the villagers think about you without them knowing it's you."

"How?" Tigress and Po asked.

"Disguise yourself, ask some people around the village and see what you get," Crane suggested.

"That's perfect! No one will know that it's you and you can hear what the villagers have to say about you," Po said enthusiastically. Tigress was still skeptical.

"How am I going to disguise myself so well that no one will know that I'm a tiger. I'm the only tiger in the village," Tigress explained.

"That's easy. Use the Shift Stones. Don't worry about Shifu. I'll take care of him," Po offered. Tigress thought about it.

"I don't know," She mumbled.

"It would be a good opportunity to see once and for all if the people still see you as a monster or if they now see you as a protector," Crane reasoned. Tigress's eyes looked at Po and Crane.

"Okay, fine. I'll get my cloak so even though people will see me no one will suspect anything," Tigress said. They quickly went to work. Tigress would be going down to the village as a small old female duck, simply because that would be the least noticeable person. With a cane and a cloak, she went down the village in secret. Po and Crane watched her go down the mountain.

"You think their perception of Tigress has really changed," Crane asked.

"It doesn't matter," Po replied, "Even if the entire village's attitude hasn't changed, I will always see Tigress as a different kind of person. Come on, we have to make sure no one notices about the Shift Stones." While the boys covered their tracks, Tigress reached the village with no one suspecting who she was. She looked in the river's reflection nearby. She definitely looked like an old duck. Now she just needed a place to interact with people. She decided to go to the Hung-Gu Inn. Other than Mr. Ping's Shop, the Hung-Gu Inn was the center of social interaction. The inn had a library in it as well as a place for children to play. The inn covered about 340 square feet and was three stories tall. It was perfect for Tigress. She didn't want to go to Mr. Ping's shop because the goose had the almost supernatural ability to tell if someone was hiding or disguising themselves, as Po figured that out the hard way. As Tigress walked into the inn, a smiling goat lady came to her.

"Hello, are you wanting a room?" She asked politely.

"No, I'm just here to rest for a moment," Tigress replied. The goat lady nodded and left Tigress to sit by the fireplace. It was fairly cold outside and this was a warm welcome. Just then, a boisterous gorilla came in. Tigress usually fights gorilla bandits so she immediately stood up, but the gorilla gently calmed her down.