Different Pairs of Shoes

"Okay, I think that's it," Po said, rereading the last page.

"Really, and everything's good?" Tigress asked.

"Well, we're done revising it. Now we have to proofread it," Po explained. Tigress tilted her head in confusion.

"What's the difference?" Tigress asked. Po seemed confused she didn't know what it meant, but then he realized that she wasn't the one doing the revision. The publishers did that. Many writers don't actually have degrees in writing. Tigress actually worked as a business analyst. Po always laughed about it.

"So you basically say, 'you are a business'?" He once joked. Tigress rolled her eyes.

"It's not like that," She explained.

"Revision," Po explained, talking about her sequel to the book Angelina's Regal Shoes "is looking at the whole story. Does it flow? Does it make sense to the reader's mind? Can that person picture what is going on? Is everything being communicated correctly? Proofreading is looking at grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Stuff like that. Good writers do much more revising than proofreading. Case and Point, War and Peace was revised nine times." Tigress's eyes widened.

"You mean that book that has 1,225 pages?!" Po nodded. "Wow, I didn't realize how much the publishers actually had to do," Tigress said. "I guess all those mean things I said about them aren't true."

"How many times did you have to revise Angelina's Regal Shoes?" Po asked.

"About five times," Tigress replied.

"That's actually very few times considering how many times I've seen them send articles back. And that's just for one article," Po explained.

"So, how much longer for the proofreading?" Tigress asked, sitting down next to him.

"It should just take about five days," Po replied. "What's the rush?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just very excited about this," Tigress smiled widely. "It's taken a whole year to write this."

"How long did it take for you to do the first book?" Po asked.

"About three years. We've finished in record time," Tigress said.

"We probably would have finished faster if we didn't have our other jobs," Po commented, "By the way, how is the first book paying?"

"Well, I don't have to work as hard for my work. It helps for unexpected expenses," Tigress explained. 

Po looked at the clock. "I think we've done enough work for today. Why don't we take a break?" Tigress nodded. They went to her kitchen where she poured out some juice. Po was curious as to why she was using shot glasses.

"I think we should celebrate," Tigress said, raising her hand up with the glass in hand. "For going through the hardest part of the work." Po smiled.

"For through it," Po said. They clicked their glasses and drank up. Then Po asked something. "Tigress, what made you decide to take my idea?" Tigress looked away, trying to hide her face.

"It... was just a good idea," Tigress stated simply.

"Yeah, but I would have considered it childish fanfiction," Po explained. Tigress chuckled.

"Even some fanfics are good ideas," Tigress replied. Po shrugged. "How's the editorial work?"

"It's good. They gave me a raise. But I don't like the idea of getting paid to criticize people and tell them they're wrong," Po said.

"You're helping people write better. I don't call that criticizing," Tigress replied.

"You threatened to beat me when I told you that Mr. Black was too strict," Po pointed out.

"That was my humble opinion on the matter," Tigress replied.

"Really? 'Humble'?" Po looked at her with an unbelieving smirk. "You told me one time that my existence is to undermine inspirational writers like you."

"That was the coffee talking."

"You were on a coffee fast," Po pointed out.

"I was in coffee denial," Tigress said defensively, as she rested her hand on Po's hand. "You're a great help for us writers, Po."

"Well, I'm glad I could help. Even though I was threatened so much," Po smiled. Both of them noticed how close their heads were. They chuckled a bit nervously and scooted away from each other. Po sighed getting Tigress's attention."It's um...getting late," Po said with a small smile, "I should be getting back to my place." It was a lie. It was 5:30 pm.

"Are you sure you need to go so soon?" Tigress asked, not really wanting him to go. "It's Sunday tomorrow and the shop is closed." Po really didn't want to go, but there was something about their 'friendship' that he wasn't happy about. It made him wonder whether or not it would... go anyway like her second book. Would their friendship just lead to that? Just being friends.

"I know... I just... I need to go home," Po said smiling, trying to hide the sad face behind him. Tigress grabbed Po's arm as he started to leave.

"Po, is it something I said or did?"

"No, no, no, I'm just... Right now a lot of things are going through my mind," Po replied.

"Like what?" Tigress asked.

"Like my future and whether or not I should... be with anyone," Po simply said. Tigress's eyes widened. Then she looked away from him, seemingly ashamed. He didn't think she picked up on it. He thought it was too vague, but she knew exactly what he meant. "Well," Po said, about to go out the door, "See you."

"Po wait!" Po spun around and found Tigress's lips gently pressed on his. Tigress held his face in place, preventing him from going away. Not like he was going anywhere after this. As Po got over his shock, he gently wrapped his arms around Tigress's waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Tigress pulled back far enough to talk to him, but she couldn't find the right words to say which embarrassed her. Po smiled and kissed her on the forehead as a sign that he understood. Tigress giggled at the feeling. Then she could speak. "Please stay."

"Okay," Po whispered, walking back into the apartment with Tigress still in his arms. Tigress laughed at the awkward walk they had to do this.

"You know, I think I want to add something to the book," Tigress said.

"What?"

"I don't think Mr. Black and Angelina should be just friends. I think they should be... more than friends," Tigress smiled.

"I've been thinking that for a while," Po replied. Tigress chuckled as she looked at his eyes. Po did the same as their heads came together and they kissed again. Po started to kiss her down her jawline and down her neck. Tigress moaned at this. Po grabbed Tigress by the legs, lifted her up, and brought her back to the couch, making her squeal with surprise.

"Should I put this part in the book?" Tigress joked as he nibbled her ear.

"You do that and I'll rip the book right now," Po sternly said, making Tigress burst out in so much laughter that Po couldn't help but stop what he was doing and laugh as well. "I love you," Po said very calmly and casually as if it were nothing. Tigress immediately stopped laughing and looked at him with wide eyes. Po momentarily thought he had said 'I love you', prematurely, but then Tigress said.

"I love you, too." Tigress smiled. Po leaned in and kissed her and she kissed back.

P.S. The title of the book is called: Angelina: Mr. Black's Shoes

The end