Writing

He began spending a lot of time by himself. That was weird because Po wasn't the private type. Sure he would still go out, but whenever he seemed to have an idea, he would drop everything and run to find a piece of paper and pen. Sometimes, when he would wake up in the middle of the night, he would be seen writing in his room. But the Furious Five and Master Shifu didn't seem to take notice of it, but it was still strange to them.

A little while ago, Po was working with his father at the shop. A customer had asked for dumplings and Ma Po Tofu and Po was in the middle of making it when Master Shifu came in. "Good Morning Dragon Warrior," He greeted. Po quickly finished the meal and brought the food to the customer.

"Master Shifu, you need me for some heroic deed?" Po asked excitedly. Shifu shook his head.

"No, I just wanted some Wontons," Shifu said.

"Oh," Po said. "One order of wontons coming up." Just before Po could do anything else, Mr. Ping came from the stairs with a bag of scrolls in his wing.

"Po, you're going to have to either get rid of these stories or find a different place for them. I can't even find your clothes anymore," Mr. Ping said as he dropped the bag in front of Po. The panda quickly grabbed the bag and threw it over his back.

"I know, dad," Po nervously replied, making sure no one saw the scrolls. "I'll put them someplace else. Oh and Master Shifu wants wontons." With that, Po left the shop. Shifu was confused. Stories? Was that what Po was writing about? If so, why was he so private about it? Master Shifu just brushed the question aside as a grumbling Mr. Ping brought his wontons.

"I don't understand that boy sometimes," He muttered under his breath.

"Excuse me, Mr. Ping," Shifu said. "You said that those scrolls were stories that Po wrote. Is that true?"

"Yes, and he keeps putting them in his room. Half of them are actually garbage, but his room was just a mess. I mean more of a mess than it usually is," Mr. Ping said.

"What does he write about?"

"Who knows," Mr. Ping threw up his hands. He went back to work leaving Shifu to think about the situation. Shifu ate his food, paid Mr. Ping, and went back up the Jade Palace steps. As he got there, Master Tigress was the first one to greet him.

"What's the matter?" Shifu asked, knowing that she only came to him if there was something wrong.

"Po is...acting strange again," She simply stated. Shifu chuckled.

"He's been strange ever since he's come here. That's what makes him Po," Shifu said.

"Yes, but he's acting stranger," Tigress explained. Shifu followed the female tiger to the Dragon Warrior's room where he could be seen writing his heart out. The moment he was done with one part of the scrolls, he crumbled it up and started another scroll. "What is he doing?" Shifu took a logical guess.

"I think he's trying to condense all of his writing onto a single paper," Shifu said to her.

"Yes I am," Po said, not taking his eyes off of the scroll. "And the doors open guys, I can hear everything you're saying."

"Sorry for disturbing you Dragon Warrior, but we are curious as to why you need to keep these stories a secret," Master Shifu asked. Po's head shot up from the paper and looked Master Shifu dead in the eyes with shock and fear.

"How did you know they were stories," Po asked.

"I'm a master of observation, Po. You really think it could get past me?" Po narrowed his eyes.

"It was my father wasn't it?" Po said. Shifu's pride broke down as he nodded. "Figures. Did he tell you anything about them?"

"No, that part I'll leave to your privacy. We don't need to know what stories you write about," Shifu respectfully bowed. Then he walked away. Po continued writing the stories down on one scroll.