The Bird and the Cat

Practically everyone in the Valley of Peace knew that Crane was a hopeless romantic. Though he wouldn't show it often, whenever there was a pretty lady around that he liked, the normally confident bird was nothing more than mush with words, coordination, even thinking. The Furious Five just learned to deal with it and make sure that Crane could at least fight when bandits came. Po, on the other hand, wanted to try, at the very least, to get Crane a close female friend. While Viper and Tigress were friends of the bird, they weren't as close as to him as they thought they were. "What do you mean he's not our friend?"

"I said nothing like that, Viper," Po defensively said, "All I'm saying is that he needs someone to get really close to, such as a sister or a girlfriend. Someone he can relate to very easily."

"How are we not relatable?" Tigress asked. Po sighed.

"You guys didn't grow up like him. Viper was grown up in fear of not defending herself, you were grown up with everyone fearing you. Crane is afraid of himself," Po replied.

"Hmm, I never realized that," Viper mentioned.

"While courage is his thing, it's not always there when he needs it in social events. So he needs someone to help him through that. That's why I was trying to find him a close female friend. Someone who can relate what he's going through and that shares his interests." Tigress sighed.

"Until then, you might as well put your 'friend search' on hold. It's not like we have a constant inflow of new people settling in the Valley of Peace. And if we do find someone, not scaring them into a relationship is going to be difficult," Tigress explained. Po's shoulders and ears sagged. She was right. He couldn't push people into a relationship. That's why his matchmaking skills never really worked. Po sighed.

"There's another problem as well. Whoever the person is would have to be able to defend themselves regardless of how close they are. They'd be a walking target," Po said, disappointed. Tigress smiled.

"Things can change, though," Tigress replied, not liking to see the panda upset, "Who knows when Crane will find the special one?" Just then, Master Shifu with Crane, Mantis, and Monkey walked to the kitchen where Po and the others were.

"A new master has come into the Valley of Peace. I want all the Furious Five and the Dragon Warrior to help her move in," Shifu said. The group walked down the steps and strolled through the village.

"Who is this master, Master Shifu?" Po asked.

"Many people call her Lady of the Spots. She's a very... unique person. You would probably like her, Po. She seems to be your kind of speed," Shifu commented.

"What does that mean?" Po whispered to Tigress. Tigress smiled as she simply patted Po on the shoulder. "Wait, you said Lady of the Spots?"

"Yes, why?"

"Oh no," Po muttered under his breath. They reached the house where the master was. There inside the house fixing the stuff was a female mountain cat with a dark blue vest and black pants. She wore a bo-staff on her back.

"Lady of the Spots, we are here to assist you," Shifu said. The mountain cat turned around.

"Ah yes, just carry the furniture in. I'll rearrange it later," she said, dismissively. Po was surprised that neither Crane nor the cat seemed to notice each other. Po kept quiet as he helped bring in the furniture. Then, as they were settling the stuff down, Crane spoke to the Lady of the Spots.

"Do you need help with rearranging?" Crane asked. The mountain cat looked right at Crane and simply said.

"No, I'll find some extra time to clear everything up," She replied. Po's mouth dropped.