Rising Anger Ch.2

With Baxter: 

“Come on dad! It’s only going to be for a few hours!” exclaimed Serenade, pleading with the Anglerfish demon as he walked around his lab, trying to get the lab bench cleaned from yet another chemical explosion the day before. 

Baxter sighed in annoyance, closing his eyes as he felt a headache beginning to thump the inside of his skull. 

“For the last time, Serenade, no. I will NOT allow you to go on a date with that….that IMP!” said Baxter, growling in anger, not even wanting to mention Lennix’s name. 

Serenade blushed brightly for a second before shaking her head, glaring. 

“It’s NOT a date! We’re just going to LuLu World, the BEST theme park in Hell! I’ve always wanted to go there, but you and mom are always too busy with the hotel or your sciency stuff. Lennix’s team just won the Poker Championship, and they split the prize money. As a celebration, he’s taking me to LuLu World because he knew I’ve always wanted to go there since I heard about it a few months ago” explained Serenade. 

When she was talking about Lennix’s team, she was talking about the demons he had played against during his first Poker Championship, which included Husk, a Las Vegas Leopard demoness, a Texas Centaur Demon, and a New York Rat demon. 

Baxter sighed, massaging his forehead. 

“You know I don’t like it when you hang out with that Imp. I still don’t like him. He looks...weird and too smart and cunning for his age. How old is he again? Sixteen? You’re only fourteen” said Baxter, scowling as he mopped the floor. 

Serenade crossed her arms, taking a seat on a nearby tall stool, having been hovering nearby with her wings flapping. 

“He’s seventeen now, and you know I’m turning fifteen next week. Our birthdays are just a few weeks apart” said Serenade. 

Baxter frowned, placing the mop back into the bucket. 

“You’re still too young. I don’t trust you two alone for a SECOND young lady, so you are NOT-” began Baxter, but was interrupted by someone. 

“Who’s not what, honey?” asked (Y/N), the Shadow Exterminator demoness phasing through the ceiling, landing on the floor and folding her wings against her back tightly, having gone down to check on her husband’s progress. 

Baxter turned to his wife, smiling as he rushed over to her and wrapped his arms around her in the tightest hug he could. 

“It’s nothing, I was just telling Serenade-” began Baxter, but this time it was his daughter’s turn to interrupt. 

“Mom, dad won’t let me go to LuLu World with Lennix” said Serenade, pouting as she turned away, her arms still crossed. 

“He won’t? Why?” asked (Y/N), glancing down at her husband. 

In her new form, she was a little taller than the Anglerfish demon, now looking more like an Exterminator as opposed to looking like a Shadow demon. 

Baxter chuckled nervously, stepping away and trying to come up with an excuse. 

“I-It’s simple really. Y-You see-” began Baxter, but (Y/N) sighed and shook her head. 

She and Baxter have had arguments about Lennix and Serenade’s relationship, the Anglerfish demon hating the Imp for some unknown reason that even he couldn’t explain. 

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at her husband before glancing back up at Serenade, seeing that she was still turned away from them. 

“Serenade, sweety, go on. You and Lennix can go to LuLu World together. Your birthday is only a week away, so go enjoy a fun day out with your ‘boyfriend’” said (Y/N) smiling teasingly as she walked over to her daughter.