The Hazbin Project PRT.8

(Y/N)’s Pov: 

We are currently on our way to the Burning Savannah. 

Everyone was driving/riding in their respective vehicles. 

Me and the other Shadow Exterminator demons were flying above the line of six vehicles. 

As we followed the road to the Burning Savannah, I turned my head to the left and spotted Deadwood city in the distance. Despite how far we were from the large city, I was still able to see how many Infectors were there. 

There were a lot. Like, too many for just us Misfits to fight off, even with the added help from the Shadow Exterminator demons, Imps, and She-wolf. 

I shook my head and focused ahead of us. 

We were on our way to the city surrounded by endless sand, dessert, and a burning red hot sun that never sets. 

Baxter’s Pov: 

Riding in the back of the pickup truck Regent was driving, I was seated beside my brother-in-law, Hacker, and my daughter, Serenade. 

“How much further?” asked Serenade, looking worried. 

“It shouldn’t be too much longer. We’re just about to enter the Burning Savannah. It’ll take a few hours to get to the city through the endless desert, but that’s without vehicles. Luckily, we have some” explained Regent, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of us. 

Just like he said, the road led us straight to a faded road covered with yellowish-red sand. The sun turned blistering hot, but I had thought ahead. I had given everyone a metal neck latch that helped keep us all hydrated so we wouldn’t have to worry about dying of thirst. They also helped regulate our body temperature so we don’t have to worry about passing out during the battle. 

The faded road eventually faded into the sand, leaving us driving along the sand. 

I sighed, leaning my head back against the seat. 

I was startled when the walkie-talkie Vanessa was holding made a loud static noise. 

“Everyone, we just got a transmission from Lucifer. He wishes to speak with us immediately” said the voice of Katy Killjoy. She sounded distressed. 

“Alright everyone. We’re gonna stop. Gather around the news van so we can hear what Lucifer has to say” said Vanessa into the walkie-talkie. 

Regent nodded and put on the blinkers, slowing down before coming to a stop, allowing the others to slowly stop behind him as well. 

(Y/N)’s Pov:

“Look! They’re stopping!” said Mimi, pointing down at the line of vehicles below us. 

“Why are they stopping? We’re not even half-way to the city!” said Ella.

“Should we go down and see what’s wrong?” asked Rodrigo, coming up to fly alongside me. 

“Whit dae ye think ye eejit? o' coorse we shuid!” said Sheamus angrily, glaring at Rodrigo. 

“That’s enough Sheamus. No need to call anyone an idiot. And yes, we should definitely go down and see what’s going on. Maybe it’s a transmission from Pentagram city” I say. 

The others nodded in agreement and we all spiraled down, landing on the ground beside the news van. 

“What’s going on here?” I asked, standing beside Baxter. 

“A transmission from Lucifer” he said, glancing up at me. 

“I see” I say, nodding in understanding.