Rising Anger Ch.16: Aftermath

With Serenade: 

The Shadow Siren demoness was asleep in her bed. 

She was suddenly awoken by the sound of Baxter bursting into her room, the Anglerfish demon smiling as he rushed over to her bedside. 

“Come on, honey. Time to GET up!” exclaimed Baxter excitedly, grabbing Serenade’s shoulders and pulling her out of bed. 

Serenade was blinking her eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them as she rubbed them, her father dragging her towards the door to their hotel room. 

“Ugh….come on dad, it’s TOO early to wake up. What gives?” asked Serenade, flapping her wings, barely able to keep flight as she was dragged outside of the hotel room, her father leading her to the elevator and the two getting in. 

Baxter chuckled, waving her off. 

“Nonsense! It’s NEVER too early to start the day. Now then, you have a long day of spending time with Lennix before your birthday party begins, so I want you two to have some fun and don’t come back until your mother calls your boyfriend” said Baxter, smiling as the elevator doors opened. 

Serenade’s eyes popped open as the Anglerfish demon shoved her all the way to the front doors, pushing her out of the hotel. 

Serenade barely had enough time to save herself, managing to stand on her mermaid tail because she didn’t get the chance to properly stretch her wings. 

“Have fun, honey!” called Baxter, waving her off before closing and locking the hotel doors. 

Serenade just stared in shock, the open sign turning off, indicating the hotel would be closed for the day. 

Serenade just blinked a few times before jumping in fright and whirling around, feeling a hand on her shoulder. 

“Hey, Serenade. Looks like we were both kicked out of the hotel for the day” said Lennix, chuckling as he shrugged. 

Serenade sighed in relief when she saw that it was only the male Imp, smiling as she nodded. 

“Yeah. And...I don't know what it is, but for some reason, dad’s opinion of you seemed to change. I don’t know how, or why, but all I know is that he’s now calling you my boyfriend” said Serenade, trying to wrap her head around everything going on. 

Lennix’s eyes widened in shock when he heard this, but he then chuckled. 

“Well, I DID help convince him to get on the riverboat yesterday. Of course….Charlie and Alastor HAD come into the hotel room and told us about Vox which got him REAL angry so I guess that also gave him motivation. But yeah, I did help convince him to attend the ball” said Lennix, wrapping an arm around Serenade’s shoulder and shrugging. 

Serenade giggled as her wings slowly began to flap, allowing her to fly, albeit a little shaky because of her sudden awakening. 

“And I must thank you for that. Without your help, my dad would probably have drunk himself to death” said Serenade, smiling as she and Lennix began making their way off hotel property. 

With (Y/N): 

The Shadow Exterminator demoness was in the hotel stage room and bar, watching as some Misfits set up some birthday decorations. 

Charlie had temporarily closed the stage room, having cancelled all performances for the day so that they could use the room for Serenade’s birthday party.

“I got Serenade out of the hotel. She’s going to be spending the day with her boyfriend while we set up for her birthday” said Baxter, smiling as he walked into the room, standing beside his wife as he looked around at all the progress they had made so far.