Extermination PRT 2

(Y/N) Pov:

Everyone had mostly gone up to thier rooms. The only ones who were still down in the staff dining room where me, Baxter, Husk and Niffty.

We all just sat around the large table, listening in silence as the acid rain hammered down hard. We could hear the thunder and lightning just above us.

Me and Baxter sat side by side in our usual spots. Husk and Niffty sat across from us in Alastor and Mimzy's spots.

We just remained seated there, thinking, looking down at the table.

Husk didn't even have a bottle of alcohol because of how serious it is.

Niffty glanced over at Husk and quickly averted her eye back on the table when Husk sensed her looking at him.

Husk sigh.

"Niffty. I know you have something on your mind. I can tell. What's bothering you?" Asked Husk, gently.

Niffty sniffened up when he asked.

"I-It's nothing Husk....I-I'm just...scared..." she said, trailing off sadly.

Me and Baxter glanced up to see Husk's reaction.

Husk sigh again and wrapped a protective arm and wing around her, pulling her closer so she was leaning against him.

"Don't worry Niffty. There's nothing to worry about. Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise" said Husk.

Niffty was blushing brightly and trying to hide her face in Husk's wing.

Husk chuckled at her adorable behavior.

Me and Baxter exchanged glances, smiling.

We heard the sound of someone entering the dining room.

We turned to the doorway and we're surprised to see Angel's older brother, Arackniss, walking in.

When he spotted us sitting at the table, he halted in his tracks.

"Didn't think anyone else would be in here...." he mumbled quietly to himself.

"Sorry Arackniss. We couldn't go to sleep, considering the staff hotel rooms are all on the top floor directly below the roof" I say, shrugging.

Baxter seemed to glare at the grey Spider demon as he stood there.

He nodded in understanding and came to sit next to me on the side that wasn't occupied.

"Couldn't sleep either. Why did Charlie have to assign me the job of being security and making sure everyone stays safe and indoors? I've been in the security room for hours staring at those computer screens. My 8 eyes are exhausted!" He exclaimed, thumping his head down on the table.

Feeling sympathetic for the short Spider demon, I patted his back in reassurance.
"Working at the hotel isn't an easy job Arackniss. You learn to get used to it when you become a Misfit and live here for a couple weeks. Right Baxter?" I say. I turned to look at Baxter and only caught a quick glimpse of him glaring at Arackniss before it quickly disapeared.

"Yah. Someone like you wouldn't understand anyway. You're apart of the mafia, correct? Being a Misfit is a whole heck of a lot harder than being in the mafia. It's only easy becuase most of us have been in it for so long. Being a Misfit is only for the most ruthless who Charlie thinks are worthy enough" explained Baxter.

Arackniss lifted his head to glare at him, looking unamused.

"Look who invited the Fish-brained nerd" grumbled Arackniss.