The Magne Mystery PRT.14

With Maycee: 

The Angel Witch demon was sitting in the backseat, slightly squished because of the three Imps and Shadow Siren demoness that had joined her in the backseat. 

Lennix and Serenade were seated beside each other, the Imp holding Serenade’s hand as she leaned her head against his shoulder. 

The twins were seated between Maycee and Serenade, smiling excitedly. 

“So....what do you two like doing in your spare time?” asked Maycee, glancing down at the twin Imps, attempting some casual conversation. 

The twins both turned their heads to look up at Maycee, grinning evilly. 

“Murder” they said in unison, their eyes flashing a brighter shade of yellow for a split second before returning to normal. 

They began giggling menacingly as Maycee felt her body stiffen up, worried and concerned for her safety with the twins sitting so close to her. 

Lennix chuckled, smiling. 

“Don’t mind them, they enjoy murdering, but only when a demon deserves it” said Lennix, shrugging. 

Maycee could only smile, nodding in understanding. 

“Now, don’t take this the hard way, but I don’t think you’re the type to kill someone. Are you sure you’ll be able to do this, fight against your aunt I mean” asked Baxter, scowling as he kept his eyes on the road. 

Maycee perked up, looking unsure.

“I mean...she had kidnapped my mother and six aunts. But on the other hand….she is family. When I lived a normal human life, I was taught never to take my family for granted, to respect them and treat them fairly. I haven’t met her personally yet, but...maybe there’s a reason WHY she wants to start a rebellion against Heaven…” admitted Maycee, muttering the last part. 

Everyone went silent, the three Imps and Siren Shadow demoness staring at Maycee as if she said something crazy. (Y/N) and Baxter just stared ahead, but it was evident they were processing what Maycee had said. 

Now feeling a new sense of worry for what she said, she glanced away. 

She watched tons of detective shows and played many crime solving video games. She learned not to judge someone just because they seem suspicious. There were many instances in one crime solving game she played where she thought someone was the killer, but it turned out it was someone else. 

She just wanted to understand why her aunt would want to start a rebellion in the first place, despite everything she did. Sure, she protested against Witches being allowed in Heaven, but perhaps there was an interior motive to what she was doing. Everyone has a reason to do something. You don’t just kill someone out of spite towards them. 

Unless they were cold blooded killers of course. Killers who show no mercy towards their victims. 

Maycee’s eyes widened when she realized where she was. 

Hell was full of murderers. She was surrounded by murderers and sinners, past humans turned demons who have killed. 

(Y/N) and Baxter were both murderers for fucks sake! Murderers who both died and came to Hell because of their sins. And Maycee was riding in the same vehicle as them. 

Baxter sighed in annoyance. 

“Listen, you’re not in the Living World anymore. Everyone down here in Hell isn’t simple like humans are. You can’t read them like a book, because if you try, they’ll take it the wrong way and lash out at you for looking at them weird. Your aunt is TRYING to start a rebellion against Heaven. Most demons don’t even give a shit about redemption and would rather stay down here in Hell than go up to Heaven. If most of Hell cared, then everyone would literally be hunting down your aunt right now. Now, I’m not saying that ALL of us are completely heartless, there are SOME demons who do care. You don’t understand what it’s like to live in Hell, constantly trying to survive turf wars that would break out and kill many demons. Doesn’t matter who they are or how famous they were in the Living World” explained Baxter, slightly ticked that Maycee would even consider giving her aunt a chance, especially since she was the one who kidnapped her mother.