Lennix Arc: Trying to Help

This next little bit is gonna mainly be about Lennix trying to regain the trust of the Misfits. I want to have him slowly regain the trust of everyone individually, and Serenade refusing to even speak to him.

Also, if you have any ideas on a chapter you’d like to read next, please feel free to leave a comment. Let’s remember this is also a Oneshot story about you (the reader) and Baxter (^w-). 

Just, no gender swaps again. I deleted the only chapter that requested a gender swap with the Misfits and the reader, and when I went back to edit it, along with some other chapters, I realized how cringy and awkward they can be, so I deleted it from the existence of this story. 

So yah, feel free to leave a comment on a new chapter idea for this story. I’m happy to get some ideas from you guys, just as long as it’s not another gender swap.

Oh, and also: NEW STORY COVER! YAY! \(^w^)/

(Y/N) Pov: 

I quickly dodged Lennix’s attack, sidestepping before tripping him with the bo staff I was using. 

Lennix screamed as he fell face-first on the ground, groaning in pain. 

I scoffed and left the small battle arena in Baxter’s lab, the metal door sliding open. 

“Your form is off and your fighting technique is sloppy. You’re taking too long before going straight in for the attack when you should be focusing more on defence. We will continue your training tomorrow, same time” I said, not even glancing back as the doors slid shut, leaving the Imp to roll over onto his back, trying to catch his breath. 

Baxter chuckled, exiting the control room of the holographic battle arena he had built in his lab a few weeks ago. It wasn’t too small, being large enough to allow you to spar or fight holographic enemies. You can fight solo or with other demons as a team for training purposes. 

Charlie, of course, didn’t approve of it, considering it breached the contract that she created with Baxter, stating what he could have in his lab.

Long story short, Baxter didn’t even ask and just had it built without her knowledge, telling the other Misfits, minus Charlie and Vaggie, they could use it.

They could only use it when he’s in the lab though, since no one else has access to the lab but  me, Husk, Niffty, and Serenade. Everyone else needs to either come in with one of us that DOES have access, or they can just knock on the door to his lab and ask for permission. 

Alastor, Angel, and Arackniss are the ones who like to come in and use it the most for practice. Mimzy and Crymini will sometimes come down to improve their fighting techniques, but not as much as the other three. Husk says he’s too lazy to practice his fighting technique, but Baxter has proof on security footage that the Cat demon HAD been sneaking down here at night to practice, since he’s allowed access into the lab. Some nights Niffty will come down with him, too.

Everyone even promised to keep silent about it, considering Charlie and Vaggie don’t know. If they found out, they would probably make him remove it, along with some other stuff he didn’t ask permission for. 

I grabbed a glass from the nearby counter and poured myself a glass of water. 

Yes, Baxter had a small kitchen built down here too, and a seperate bedroom and bathroom (complete with plumbing) for when his lab is in bunker mode with several rows of bunk beds for us Misfits, plus five years worth of supplies and food. You can honestly just live down here since the lab has its own power supply as well. Baxter had built a seperate power supply when an experiment of his blew a fuse in the hotel’s powerbox, causing it to explode.