Corrupt Heart PRT.5

With Baxter

Baxter huffed in anger as he put the walkie-talkie back in his pocket before making his way to the Imp’s hotel room, taking out a masterkey from his pocket. 

He had taken it from the front desk. There were normally two masterkeys for the hotel, in case one got lost or destroyed. Niffty always has a copy on-hand, considering she’s the hotel cleaner and maid, so she has access to all hotel rooms.

Baxter looked around, making sure nobody was out in the hallway. Confident he won’t be caught, he unlocked the room and quickly entered, making sure to close the door behind him. 

Now that he was successfully in the room, he quickly got to work, looking around. 

He spotted Lennix’s backpack on the dresser and quickly walked over. 

He unzipped the bag and looked inside, gasping. 

He took out a porcelain mask, the same mask from the video. The eyes were indeed covered with a thin black cloth on the inside, a cheshire smile painted on with what appears to be blood. 

Baxter frowned as he put the mask down on the dresser beside the bag and took out a black journal. He opened it and flipped through, skimming as he read snippets of what the Imp had been writing. 

Some of the things were plans and sketches, schematics and blueprints for devices. 

One of them was the cable device that was attached to the top left side of his forehead. There was a diagram showing a small device connected to his spine, three thin needles inserted into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Carvicals. The needles were poking into the Ground Cords, which would then be connected to Superior Cervical Ganglion. From there, the nerves are connected to a cord leading to his eyes, connecting with a seperate cord that leads to the Pons, which is connected to his brain. 

Baxter was speechless. 

This Imp was beyond diabolical. 

He was a genius! Most humans he met weren’t as smart to know the functions of every single part of the human body, but this Imp clearly knew what he was doing. It must have taken years of research. 

Baxter then remembered how old the Imp was after reading the file Husk had filled out.

He was apparently 16, beaing younger than 100 years for most Imps. This could also be the reason why he doesn’t have wings. Some Imps gain a pair of wings depending on a certain age they reach. 

Baxter shook his head and continued to flip through the journal, finding designs for things like a grappling hook gun and an “Imp Claw’, a device that uses strong magnets that can support the Imp, helping him scale walls quickly. 

Baxter paused when he found one entry with a sketch of a serum named “LNX-001-ExT”.

Reading through the entry, Baxter was shocked to see that this was what the Exterminators were infected with. 

It was made with the blood of a Fallen Angel, blood from a pure Hell-born demon, and a potion stolen from a Witch demon called “Elixir of Insanity”.

Shaking his head, Baxter read on, reading about how the Imp had injected several Exterminators during one of the Exterminations with a dart gun. The corruption would then infect several other Exterminators. 

Baxter flipped through several other pages before stopping at a journal entry. 

(Y/N) (L/N)

She had become a problem. 

She was the leader of the Shadow Exterminator demons, and she was the one who led her gang of demons, called the Misfits, into battle. She’s too smart, and she’s ruined my plans.