Corrupt Heart PRT.3

With Baxter 

The Anglerfish demon was in his lab, a bottle of alcohol in his hand, his head resting on the desk he was sitting at. 

This is the part where Baxter nearly gives up hope, after five long years of searching, trying to find some way to help his wife. 

Baxter sighed. 

Maybe….if he can’t bring his wife back….

Baxter perked up when the thought came to him. 

Maybe he could find the one responsible for all this. 

Baxter smiled, immediately getting up and rushing around the lab, grabbing his shoulder bag and rushing out, making sure to lock both doors before leaving the basement. 

Husk and Niffty were the only two in the lobby, both sitting behind the counter. They were making small talk, but froze when they saw Baxter rush out of the basement, a smile on his face. 

“Whoa there buddy, what’s gotten into you?” asked Husk, raising an eyebrow. 

“I’m going to Heaven!” shouted Baxter, rushing out of the hotel. 

Husk and Niffty just sat there, staring at where the Anglerfish demon had disappeared. They exchanged glances before the two got up and rushed off to find Charlie. 

“CHARLIE!!!” they both shouted in unison, running around the hotel looking for her. 

Time Skip

Baxter had been granted access to Heaven, having immediately gone to the science facility to speak with the Angel scientists. 

Now, he was walking down the hallway with one of the scientists, on their way to the room where the research had been taking place. 

“And you say all of the equipment was destroyed?” asked Baxter, glancing up at the tall Angel beside him. 

“Yes. It was all trashed, the samples gone. We had gotten close to finding the cure for the Infecters, but then this happened. Five years later and the Infectors are slowly beginning to get better. But not completely” explained the scientist, not removing his gaze from the hallway ahead of them. 

Baxter froze. 

“Wait, you say they’re slowly starting to get better?” asked Baxter, confused. 

The Angel paused and looked down at him. 

“Yes, but not by much. It appears the corruption is slowly beginning to fade. We’ve been monitoring them everyday for the last five years, noticing small changes in their behavior and mental state while also noticing the white slowly beginning to fade. We predict that the corruption will be gone entirely in the next 1000 years at this rate, but with a cure, they would be better within an hour” he explained, looking down at the clipboard he had been carrying. 

“1000 YEARS!?” shouted Baxter, shocked. 

“Yes, that’s without the cure” said the Angel, nodding as he continued down the hallway, not waiting for the Anglerfish demon. 

Baxter quickly rushed after him. 

“But wait, what about my wife?” asked Baxter. 

“Your wife is part demon, meaning the corruption would affect her differently than it would a pure Exterminator. It would probably take longer, slowly corrupting her demon form before it would eventually become permanent” explained the Angel in a dull tone. 

“Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!?” shouted Baxter in anger. 

The Angel froze when Baxter said a swear word.