Rising Anger Ch.3

With the Misfits: 

Everyone had gathered in the staff dining room, Charlie having called them there for an important ‘meeting’. 

Everyone was seated in their usual spots around the table, even Lennix, the Imp having been officially joined as a Misfit. 

The Princess of Hell walked into the dining room, smiling excitedly. 

“Ok everyone, you all know how my dad is the Ruler of Hell, right?” asked Charlie, looking like she can’t contain her excitement. 

Everyone groaned in annoyance, some even rolling their eyes. 

“Yeah, we know. Get to the point” said Angel, resting a hand on his chin. 

Arackniss crossed his arms and nodded, glaring at the Princess of Hell. 

Charlie nodded, getting the feeling that she should just get straight to the point. 

“Ok, well...every few hundred years, my dad likes to organize a ball, like a large party for all of Hell’s Overlords. (Y/N) is the Overlord of Exterminations, as you may know, considering she’s half Exterminator, meaning she has to go. She’s also allowed to invite some friends and family, but it’s mostly for Overlords” explained Charlie, smiling. 

(Y/N) tilted her head to the side, looking a little confused. 

“I’m the Overlord of Exterminations? I don’t remember that in the last Overlord meeting” said (Y/N), frowning. 

Alastor chuckled. 

“Allow me to explain, dear. Vox had put up a list by his front door with all of the top demons and what they’re the Overlord of. Me, I don't exactly consider myself an Overlord of anything, but I could be if I wanted to” said Alastor, grinning sinisterly when he mentioned the last part. 

Crymini sighed in annoyance, looking a little grouchy. 

“Wish I could attend one of those. I’m a little jealous, but eh, what am I gonna do? Hope you and your family have fun” said Crymini, but then she shrugged and smiled, looking over at the Shadow EXterminator demoness. 

(Y/N) smiled, nodded before returning her attentioned back to Charlie.

“So me, Baxter and Serenade can go? Where will the ball be taking place, and when?” asked (Y/N). 

Charlie chuckled. 

“Yes, you and your entire family can go. You can even invite the other Shadow Exterminator demones as well, since you’re close friends and you’ve worked together before. Oh! You can all bring dates, too, if you’d like. Since it IS a ball. And as for where it is...well…” explained Charlie, but then trailed off and glanced over at Baxter. 

Baxter looked confused, glancing around before returning his attention back to Charlie. 

“What? What is it?” asked Baxter. 

Charlie hesitated for a second before sighing. 

“Usually my dad likes to host the ball in the castle ballroom, but this year he wants to change up the theme…” said Charlie, cringing. 

Baxter frowned, crossing his arms. 

“Get to the fucking point” said Baxter, narrowing his eyes and glaring. 

Charlie nodded, taking a deep breath. 

“The new theme is Louisiana Riverboat. The ball is going to be on a large riverboat, and it’s going to set sail from the New Deathleans harbor in about a week from today” explained Charlie.