Ch.3

(Y/N) Pov:

I continued to read my book.

It's by a demon named Stephen Kill.

I glanced up at the clock and saw that the demon will be arriving in five minutes.

I looked down at Husk who was slouching in his chair, drinking a bottle of alcohol.

Niffty had left a couple minutes ago because Angel had 'accidentally' made a mess in the kitchen.

He made a cake explode.

Me and Husk perked up when we saw the glowing red and blue lights of a police car pull up in front of the hotel.

As we heard two sets of footsteps walking up the path, Husk stood up immediately and turned to walk away.

"Smoke break take over for me? Good? Bye" said Husk, walking out of the lobby.
My eyes widen with surprise and I gasped.

"B-but..you don't even SMOKE Husk!" I stated, glaring after him.

Husk just lazily waved one hand as he walked away.

"Good for nothing, alcoholic pussycat, can't even pay off his gambling debt" I grumbled under my breath.

The doors to the hotel burst open.

I looked up in time to see two Demon Police officers throwing an Anglerfish demon into the hotel. He landed on the floor hard as the two officers shut the doors behind them as they left.

The demon has greyish-blue skin, dark blue hair with some yellow, glowing dots in it. His bulb shaped lure has two blueish-green stripes. He's wearing a dark grey, almost black lab coat with black gloves and boots. On his head was a small hat, his eyes blue and orange. He also has a pair of yellow goggles to protect his eyes.

Panicked, I immediately jumped down from the desk and sat down on the chair Husk was just sitting at a couple seconds ago.

As I watched the Anglerfish demon get up and dust himself off, mumbling profanities, I got the strange feeling I somehow knew this demon.

He looked around until his eyes landed on me, sitting behind the desk.

"Hello" I say awkwardly, giving a small wave.

Husk should be doing this, not me.

The Anglerfish demon scoffed and walked over to the desk.

"Ok, well....I guess I'm here to check in?" He asked.

He must have been pissed that the two officers literally dragged him and threw him in before leaving.

"Yes, we got the call saying to expect you" I say, deadpanned.

"Alright, so just check me in already so I can lock myself in my room all day and ignore you all" he said, glaring off to the side while crossing his arms.

"Mhmm" I say sarcastically, pulling up the info page to input his name and whatnot.

"Now, before I check you in, Charlie, the owner of the hotel, thinks that you'd make a great Misfit" I explained, not taking my eyes off the screen while also typing something up.

The demon looked confused.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"That means you'll become a Misfit in our 'gang'. You'll also have to help run the hotel too. Charlie wants to speak to you more about the details, so I'll page her after we get your information into the system" I say.