Rising Anger Ch.13

With Serenade:

The Shadow Siren demoness was having a fun time with Lennix, the two having been dancing along to most of the songs the band had played so far. 

Lennix laughed as he grabbed Serenade’s hand, twirling her around before dipping her as the current song ended. 

Several demons who had been watching the two smiled and clapped, having witnessed how much fun they both had. 

“That was so much fun! Who knew a ball could be both fancy AND fun” said Serenade, giggling as Lennix helped her back up, her wings flapping quickly to keep her hovering in the air. 

Lennix chuckled, nodding. 

“Yeah. Especially if I get to spend time with you” said the Imp, smirking as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. 

Serenade giggle, the two leaning their faces closer, but were suddenly startled. 

“SERENADE!” exclaimed Baxter, appearing out of nowhere, looking happy and relieved that he had finally found her. 

Serenade was shocked, her jaw dropping when she saw her father. 

“I-I...b-but...w-what-?” began Serenade, stammering so much that she was unable to speak. 

Lennix smiled, happy to see the Anglerfish demon. 

“Holy mother of Lucifer! You actually DID come!” exclaimed Lennix, sounding relieved. 

Serenade shook her head, managing to snap herself out of her shock. 

“What do you-?” began Serenade but Baxter interrupted. 

“Charlie and Alastor made sure I came...unfortunately...but that’s besides the point. Lennix managed to convince me to come, and he came up with this idea on how I can win back (Y/N). Now then, where’s your mother?” asked Baxter, grabbing Serenade’s shoulders as he glanced around, looking for the Shadow Exterminator demoness. 

Serenade was confused, but shrugged. 

“I don’t know. I mean, the boat's ballroom is bigger than it looks, so she and Vox could be anywhere” said Serenade, scowling as she crossed her arms when she mentioned the TV demon. 

Baxter resisted the urge to snarl, but sighed, hanging his head. 

“It’s ok. I can’t blame you. You and Lennix were having fun” said Baxter, smiling gently as he backed away from his daughter. 

Serenade was shocked to hear this, glancing between Lennix and her father. 

Lennix shrugged, about to say something, but was interrupted when a Sheep demoness on stage began announcing something. 

“Alright everyone, now it’s time for the first couple’s dance of the night, so all couples please come up and begin the dance. Mr.Magne would like to start off with a ballroom waltz” announced the Sheep demoness, smiling as she gestured over to where Lucifer and Lilith were standing. 

The King and Queen of Hell  both walked down from their seats at the main table, along with Mr. and Mrs. Von Eldritch. Stolas smiled as he held his hand out to his wife, wanting to dance with her, but she just huffed, crossing her arms and turning away. 

Stolas just sighed, glancing down shamefully as the band began playing the song, Lucifer and Lilith taking their position in the centre as demones began gathering around then with their couples to also dance along to the beat of the song. 

Baxter sighed, hanging his head. 

“I’ll be off, then. You two have fun” said Baxter, turning and leaving the two, going to stand at the side so he wasn’t in the way.