Insanity PRT 2

(Y/N) Pov:

I groaned as I slowly woke up.

I slowly opened my eyes and was met with the bright glare of the light above me.

I squinted and tried to shield my eyes with my hand, but was confused when I couldn't move it.

I looked down and saw that I was on an operating table, strapped down.

I tried to phase through the restraints, but was shocked to find that I couldn't.

"You won't be getting out of those any time soon" Chuckled a familiar voice.

I turned my head and was horrified when I saw Baxter. He had glowing red eyes, along with his bulb shaped lure.

"I thought ahead. Shadow demon proof restraints. Rendors a Shadow demon's powers useless" he said, smiling evily and walking over.

"Baxter!? What are you doing? What happened to you?" I asked, getting scared.

"Don't worry. I'm not gonna do anything too.....horrible. I'm just gonna experiment on you" he said, walking over to an operating tray with shiny, silver tools.

He picked up a bone saw and ran his finger down the edge of the blade, smirking.

"Experiment? Why are you doing this?" I asked, trying to struggle.

"You're half Shadow demon, but you're also half Exterminator" he said, leaning over me and poking my halo.

"I wanna know WHY you're part Exterminator. How do they work? How do they....think?" He said, smiling.

"Wait.....you're not gonna-" I started asking, but couldn't finish.

"Extract your brain from your head and examine it while simultaneously running tests on it? Why yes, yes I am" he said, chuckling.

Horrified, I started struggling again, trying to phase through the restraints.

I didn't notice Baxter had grabbed a scalpel from the operating tray and had walked over.

"But first, let's see how your heart works first, then I'll be examining your halo, and then your brain" he said.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as the scalpel was driven deep into my shadowy body.

I screamed as I felt the blade slice down my chest before being removed. I felt a pair of clamps opening up the large cut so Baxter could get a better look at my heart.

"Hmmm....it appears your heart is like a core, surrounded by a dark veil of shadow. Let's see, if I can just...." he said, reaching into my chest and grabbing my heart.

I bit my tongue, trying not to scream.

I felt my heart, or my core, leaving my body.

"Facinating! It looks as if your core doesn't beat at all! Probably becuase you're a Shadow demon, and you don't need a heart to pump blood or oxygen throughout your body. Your heart core doesn't kill you when removed from your body. It's a mystery why it doesn't kill you." He said, holding up a glowing, white glass heart.

I just lay there, feeling like all the air from my lungs have been squeezed out.

I was struggling to breath.

Baxter smirked and put my heart back in.

All the air instantly came rushing back and I was filled with temporary relief.

I felt the clamps being removed from my open wound.

I suddenly felt a sharp jolt of pain as electric volts are sent throughout my body from a difibrillator.