The Magne Mystery PRT.11

(Y/N)'s pov: 

While Baxter had gone off to ask some of the citizens of the Burning Savannah about Lezabel, I decided to stay with Maycee and Nočná Mora with the pickup truck, having parked it just outside of the city. 

The sky was clear, a bright scorching red color, the sun a bright glowing yellow. Fore miles, there was only sand and desert, the only road leading back to Pentagram city being the highway.

Baxter had packed two walkie talkies, taking one with him while I had the other. 

Nočná Mora was dozing off in the back of the pickup truck. 

I took a deep breath, summoning my scythe and doing a quick twirl, spinning my scythe and allowing it to take the form of a parasol with a crystal star gem on the very top. 

Maycee watched in awe, having seen the other Shadow Exterminator demons do the same with their weapons, only they turned into staffs and not a parasol like mine.

“Your weapon turns into a parasol!?” exclaimed Maycee, smiling excitedly as she came over to examine it, noticing that it was made of metal. 

I chuckled, nodding. 

“Yeah, it helps me direct and use magic better than using my scythe. Just like a wand or a staff, or even your scepter” I said. 

Maycee smiled, taking her scepter out from her backpack. 

I summoned a shadow that handed me my spellbook, taking it and flipping through the pages before finding the section that had easy spells. 

“Alright, let’s start easy. Since you’ve never actually practiced using your magic, you want to start at the bottom, and once you’re ready, you’ll be able to practice using more difficult spells” I explained, glancing over at Maycee, noticing that she was looking down at her scepter. 

I sighed, walking over, resting a hand on her shoulder. 

“The spell you tried using was meant to fix the dome, but instead it shattered the glass where it was already weakened. You had the best intentions, and you tried to help, but that spell required concentration and experience. From what my husband told me, you didn’t concentrate on fixing the dome, you were more concerned with trying to help in whatever way you can. And from what you told us last night, you never actually practiced using magic since the time you made a water tower explode” I said, trying not to snicker when I mentioned the last part. 

Maycee chuckled nervously, glancing away. 

“It was an accident, I must admit. Nobody even suspected a thing” said Maycee, shrugging. 

I smiled and nodded, walking back over to the spot where I had been standing just a minute ago. 

“Alright then. I’m going to show you a couple of spells, and I want you to cast them after I do. I’ll also be reading out the instructions on what’s required. Once you have mastered that spell, I will move on to the next one, alright?” I said, getting back to the matter at hand. 

Maycee nodded, a little nervous. She was afraid that she might mess something up, like accidentally making an entire building explode, or even summoning a portal that summons a giant creature that could destroy half the city. 

I looked down at the spell in the book, the first one that was pretty easy to master. 

“Alright, this first spell is pretty easy to master. It’s called ‘Levitazione’, meaning Levitation in Italian. With this spell, you’ll be able to pick up objects and move them with ease, but the bigger the object the harder it’ll be. Let’s start small, like….this water bottle of yours” I said, looking around before grabbing a water bottle that was in the pickup truck in the backseat.