Rising Anger Ch.10

With (Y/N): 

The Shadow Exterminator demoness had put her wedding dress on a mannequin, having asked her mother to do some alterations to it so it could fit her new body since she changed forms. 

She had also decided to add some extra embellishments to it, wanting to ‘update’ it so she could wear it a little more frequently instead of just storing it away in a closet to collect dust JUST because it was her wedding dress. 

The dress now had some black feathers sewn along the hem of the skirt and chest, giving it more of a dramatic shape. The sides on either side of the waist were also cut out, that way the rib-like bones running along (Y/N)’s waist wouldn’t be covered up. 

The Shadow Exterminator demoness was sitting at the desk, polishing her headpiece that she would often wear on her horns during performances or for special occasions. 

(Y/N) held up the headpiece, allowing the light to reflect off of it. 

It was very shiny, as if it were brand new. 

(Y/N) smiled as she gently placed the headpiece back down on the mannequin head before sighing and glancing away. 

Despite the fact that she was going to spend some time with Vox during the ball, she knew that it wouldn’t be the same without Baxter. 

Even though she’s been acting strict and mad about the fact that her husband had ‘cheated’ on her, she really DID miss him. 

She could only hope that maybe it was some sort of prank. 

She only left and brought Serenade because she didn't want to risk her daughter getting hurt if it was true. 

(Y/N) walked over to the window, opening it and taking a deep breath of fresh air. 

The gears in her head began turning, thinking about the Overlord ball tomorrow. 

She sighed, hanging her head. 

Even though Vox had formally asked her to be his ‘date’, she had only agreed because she didn’t want to attend alone. She was going to ensure that things didn’t turn too ‘romantic’ between then. 

Even if Baxter DID cheat on her with someone else, she would never do anything as pitiful as cheating on him as revenge for getting cheated on first. 

With Markel: 

The Lizard demon was packing his suitcase, hoping to leave the hotel tomorrow night, when his brother goes out to attend that Overlord ball. 

He sighed, closing the suitcase and storing it under the bed, not wanting his brother to see it. 

He knew that Liam wouldn’t care if he left, the large Lizard demon choosing to focus all of his time making sure he was ready for whatever scheme he was boiling up inside his head. 

All Liam wanted was to to finally get together with that Shadow Exterminator demoness. 

He was going to leave the keys to the hotel room down at the front desk after Liam would leave, not wanting to stick around any longer to be questioned by his brother as to WHY he was leaving the hotel without informing him. 

Even though Markel had missed his brother and wanted to bring him back, he now remembered why he hated him in the first place. 

Liam was a sex-crazy idiot who doesn’t care about his own family and would rather have a good time. 

The Lizard demon glanced over at the desk, walking over to it and picking up a train ticket. 

He had bought a ticket to the Burning Savannah, wanting to just move on and leave Pentagram city for good.