Corrupt Heart PRT.2

With Baxter 

It’s been five years. 

For five years, Baxter has been trying to find a cure for his wife. 

(Y/N)’s been frozen in that crystal for five years. 

Five years, Baxter never gave up. 

Apparently the blood sample the scientist Angels in Heaven have been working on had disappeared. 

Someone managed to sneak into Heaven, into one of the science facilities, and stole the blood samples, destroying all of their work in the process before fleeing. 

And that same someone was probably the one who did this to (Y/N). 

Baxter growled in anger, slumping over the desk he was working at. 

He barely survived a year without his wife, but now….

He had to survive without her for five more years, after just having got her back. 

(Y/N)’s family had been devastated. Regent and Vanessa were angry. Hacker had closed himself off, having stayed in his room everyday for the past five years. 

Baxter’s mother, Oona, would try making him feel better, always saying positive things such as ‘Don’t worry, I know you’ll find a cure’ and ‘I have confidence you can do it’.  

Serenade had grown up in those five years, too. She was now 12 years old, nearly 13. Serenade’s tail had grown longer, her fins on her tail becoming a little more tattered and ripped. 

His patience wearing thin, Baxter angrily got up and grabbed one of the beakers from the workbench, screaming as he threw the beaker against the opposite wall. 

Heaving in anger, Baxter watched as the shattered pieces fell to the floor, glinting in the semi-dark lab. 

The intercom beeped on. 

“Would all Misfits please come up to the lobby for a meeting, all Misfits please come up to the lobby” said the voice of Charlie. 

Ever since the incident five years ago, the Hotel had been repaired, the large hole now gone. Everyone had gone back to normal. All of the Misfits who had left had come back to living in the hotel. 

After (Y/N) had been frozen in crystal though, Charlie had her moved to the front lobby as if she were a statue. She came up with an excuse. 

Baxter could still hear what the Princess had said, the words echoing in his head. 

“You won’t be able to move her statue down to your lab. She’s gonna have to stay up here in the lobby where she can be monitored at all times. It’s no big deal, the Angels will find a cure for the Infectors soon

Baxter growled in anger as he stood there. 

Charlie had said it like (Y/N) was now just a statue to look at, a past memory. 

The Anglerfish demon had despised the Princess ever since, even if he misunderstood her intentions. 

Baxter sighed, trying to calm down before going up to the lobby. 

In the lobby 

Everyone was gathering in the lobby, milling around and waiting. 

Husk was sitting behind the counter, drinking a bottle of hard liquor. Serenade was seated on one of the bar stools beside the counter, drinking a glass of Siren Song  brand Wine. Niffty was seated on the counter beside him, fixing a hole in Alastor’s jacket.