Rising Anger Ch.9

With Serenade: 

The Shadow Siren demoness was sitting on the edge of the highest building in Hell, which happened to be the giant clocktower in the center of Pentagram city. 

Serenade sighed, looking down at the many demons down below. 

It was currently night in Hell, but there were still many demons walking around as if it were day. 

The Shadow Siren demoness had never been to the Living World, but she could only assume that most large cities were still bustling at night. 

She had to remind herself quite often that most of Hell’s demons used to be living souls, and that she had been born in Hell, making her a Hellborn demon. 

Even though both of her parents used to be living souls, she’s still a pure demon at heart. 

She wanted to know what life was like for her parents BEFORE they died, but there was no way she would be able to see considering she doesn’t know how to open a portal to the Living World. 

Even if she did, she would need some way to go back in time. 

Serenade was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts when she spotted the Princess of Hell with two other demonesses walking by the clocktower. 

She squinted her eyes, seeing that the tallest of the two had tentacle-like hair while the other appeared to be an Owl demoness. 

Curious, Serenade flew down from her sitting spot on the clocktower, following the three until she was confident enough to confront them. 

“Hey Charlie” called Serenade, albeit a little timid, having never met the other two. 

Charlie perked up, turning around and smiling when she spotted the Shadow Siren demoness. 

“Serenade! How have you been doing? I hope everything is alright with you and your mom” said the Princess of Hell, smiling gently as she rushed over to hug the Shadow Siren demoness. 

Serenade smiled, nodding. 

“We’re fine….it’s just…” began Serenade, but trailed off as Charlie pulled away, frowning. 

“Your mom told you about Vox, didn’t she?” asked Charlie. 

Serenade nodded, knowing that Charlie and Alastor had most likely attended the meeting as well. 

“Yeah...and all because dad refused to attend the ball and she doesn’t want to attend alone. Why must he be afraid of boats and water!?” exclaimed Serenade, her eyes and bulb flickering red, but managed to calm down before she went into a rage. 

Charlie sighed, crossing her arms as she thought. 

The Princess of Hell knew that Serenade knows how her parents died, but she most likely didn’t know the true implications of death since she was born in Hell and had never had to experience death as a living soul. 

Charlie then perked up, getting an idea. 

“Oh! I have an idea, but first, allow me to introduce you to my friends-” began Charlie, but then the tall demoness with tentacle-like hair interrupted. 

“I wouldn’t exactly call us ‘friends’” she said, her arms crossed. 

The Owl demoness nodded, looking a little moody. 

“Yeah. We’re more like...acquaintances with rich dads because we’re considered ‘royalty’. The reason why we’re only out together is because our dads want us to shop for a new set of clothes for the ball that we have to attend, and because we’re rich and ‘popular', as my dad says, we need to stick together so none of us get ‘fucked’ when we’re out alone” said the Owl demoness, scowling.