The Hazbin Project PRT.2

Baxter's pov:

Me and Serenade were making our way through the city, avoiding all of the infected Exterminators along the way.

We were hiding behind the wall of one of the buildings that was still standing.

I peeked around the corner, using the thermal vision on my gas mask goggles to spot the Exterminators.

Looking around, I could see that a lot of the buildings had been destroyed, turned into a pile of rubble. Some buildings were barely standing. Very few were untouched.

I spotted maybe ten or fifteen Exterminators wandering around, thier spears drawn.

I hid behind the wall and looked at Serenade, nodding and gesturing her to go through the alleyway instead.

She nodded in understanding and turned around, silently gliding down the alleyway as I followed her closely, my plasma gun drawn and ready to shoot.

Making it all the way down the alleyway, we came to a dead end.

I looked up and saw that the building was pretty tall, reaching maybe 300 meters high.

"Let's go up and take a look at our surroundings, see how far we are from the (L/N) mansion" I suggested, pointing upwards.

"Ok" said Serenade, nodding in understanding.

I activated my jetpack and flew up the side of the building, sticking close to the wall.

Serenade followed close behind, flying along side me as we made our way up the side of the tall apartment building.

Finally making it to the top, I landed on the roof of the building, deactivating my jetpack and making sure to stay low, not wanting to be seen by those things.

Serenade stayed low as well, hovering above the roof of the building just a few centimeters.

Looking over the edge, we gasped when we saw how many of those infected Exterminators were out there.

There was an entire hord consisting of approximately 100 to maybe 300 of those things gathering in just this one area in Pentagram City.

"What are we gonna do now daddy?" asked Serenade, looking up at me.

I was too shocked to react, but shook my head and started thinking.

"We need to get to the (L/N) mansion as soon as possible. We can either spend hours sneaking through the city, or we can make a break for it by flying quicky through. It's just a straight shot from up here by the looks of it. If we stay up and use the rooftops, we should be able to sneak past them more quickly rather than going back down to the ground" I say looking at the buildings that were conveniently left standing, creating a sort of zig-zaggy path across the city.

Serenade gasped when she saw what I was getting at.

I looked down and saw that the Exterminators were all distracted with a small group of random demons they had surrounded, slowly drawing closer before striking all at once, killing them instantly.

I activated my jetpack and jumped off from the roof, quickly flying my way over to the next building, which was about 50 meters away. Serenade followed close behind.

We quickly hid behind a fallen bolder that was on the roof, listening closely to see if any of those Exterminators had caught sight of us and decided to come investigate.

Hearing nothing, we continued on our way across, flying from building to building, making sure to stop for a minute to make sure we're still good to keep going.