The Magne Mystery PRT.17

With Maycee: 

Everyone was silent, just walking (or flying in Serenade’s case), continuing their search. 

They had no idea what had happened several minutes ago, the battle against the giant Scorpion Monster demon that the Misfits had to fight. 

Baxter checked his watch, seeing that they had forgotten to check in with the Imps again. 

They were too distracted, he and his wife still mad at each other from the argument several minutes ago. 

Sighing in defeat and rolling his eyes, Baxter grabbed the walkie talkie from his belt and turned it on. 

“South group to base, come in base. We’re checking in to inform you that we have found nothing, having travelled for a few minutes south” said Baxter, his voice interrupting the silence between them. 

Nothing was heard. 

No answer. 

A little annoyed and believing the Imps were ignoring him, Baxter tried again. 

“Lennix, for fuck’s sake, answer me” demanded Baxter. 

Still nothing.

Sighing in annoyance, Baxter turned off his walkie talkie and strapped it back onto his belt. 

“Maybe Lennix is mad about the fact that you interrupted him before he could ask his question” said (Y/N), crossing her arms and glaring slightly at her husband. 

Baxter growled, glaring back at her. 

Before the two could start arguing again, Serenade was the one who interrupted, having noticed something in the distance. 

“Mom, dad, look over there!” said Serenade, gasping in shock before pointing over at the thing. 

Everyone glanced over at Serenade before turning to look at where she was pointing, also noticing the thing in the distance. 

Narrowing her eyes to get a better look, Maycee was able to make out the large flickering form of what appeared to be a dark castle. 

The five watched, confused as to what was going on. 

It was as if a large invisible forcefield was failing, revealing the location of the castle. 

With Lezabel: 

The Dark Witch was angrily trying to type in some commands, trying to keep the invisible forcefield up. 

She screamed in anger as the system finally failed, causing the invisible forcefield that hid her castle to appear out in the open. 

“WHAT HAPPENED!? Why did the forcefield fail!? Why now, of ALL TIMES!?” screamed Lezabel angrily, punching the controls in anger, causing them to get dented and spark slightly.

The crystal ball that was on the table behind her laughed mockingly. 

“Perhaps someone, somewhere, is cursing you for what you’re trying to accomplish” said the crystal ball. 

Lezabel turned to the crystal ball, glaring at it. 

“Did you have something to do with this?” she asked, angered as she walked over to the table the crystal ball was on. 

The crystal ball chuckled. 

“I am but a simple crystal ball. I have no arms or legs to physically move around. I see no way I could possibly cause the complete failure of the entire forcefield system, revealing our location to the Misfits who are only a few kilometers away” said the crystal ball innocently.