Rising Anger Ch.7

With Serenade: 

It had already been almost an entire week, and it was only the day before the Overlord Balls. 

Lennix had been visiting everyday since the two left the hotel, hanging out with the Shadow Siren demoness as much as possible before heading back. 

He had also been telling Serenade about how her father was doing, explaining how horrible he felt and how much he wanted the two to go back. 

“He nearly drank himself to death one night. Managed to sneak into the stageroom bar and was found passed out on the floor behind the counter by Husk the next morning” explained Lennix, frowning. 

Serenade gasped when she heard this, she and Lennix having been in the living room talking. 

“Is he alright?” asked Serenade worriedly. 

Lennix nodded, the two making sure to speak quietly so that (Y/N) wouldn’t hear. 

“Yeah. After your mom rejected his last call, he seemed to have gotten worse. He’s doing better, now, considering Husk and Niffty have been keeping a close eye on him. They’re making sure he doesn’t try drinking himself to death again, but he seems to REALLY want you two back” explained Lennix. 

Serenade nodded in understanding. 

“I know...but my mom doesn’t seem to find it enough to get her to return. She told me last night, after she rejected his last call, that she was hoping he would do something that would make her come back, but she doubts it would ever happen” said Serenade. 

Lennix hummed in thought, thinking for a moment before getting an idea. 

“I might have an idea, but he DID also mention to me that he had a surprise for her. I don’t know what it is, but maybe I can convince him to attend the ball tomorrow” said Lennix. 

Serenade frowned, but nodded. 

She knew that her father would NEVER go on another boat, ever since his death. 

She never even saw him go into the hotel pool, even going as far as to avoid it at all costs, making sure to stay ten meters away from it when he had to walk around it. 

She even saw him yell at Angel to stay away, and something about ‘not letting him get pushed into the pool like last time’.

“If you can convince him to come to the ball tomorrow, I’ll marry you the second I turn twenty” said Serenade, smiling teasingly, wanting her father to attend the ball and make it up to her mother. 

Lennix chuckled. 

“Oh, you’re on” said Lennix, smirking, now even more motivated than before. 

With (Y/N): 

The Shadow Exterminator demoness was attending an Overlord meeting at Vox’s mansion, the TV demon having called everyone over so they could talk about what was going to happen at the ball. 

(Y/N) glanced around the room and saw even more demons, some she recognized while others she she had never seen before. 

“-and after the Magne family sets off their family fireworks, the boat’s going to make its way back to the mainland so that the ball will end formally. Now, the dress code is simple. Men wear suits and women wear dresses, but if you want to mix it up, so be it. I didn’t make up the rules, but keep it respectable. We may be Overlords, but we still need to show that we have class and manors. No killing, no fighting, and absolutely no arguing about who’s better. Please keep the conversations respectful, and you MAY brag about your accomplishments and how much turf you have in Hell. Now then, I believe that is everything. Any questions?” asked Vox, finishing up with his explanation on the rules and what’s going to happen for the ball tomorrow night.