Rising Anger Ch.12

With Markel: 

The Lizard demon exited the elevator, having waited about an hour after his brother had left for the ball. 

If he recalled correctly, then the boat should have left dock about half an hour before, so that gave him an ample amount of time to leave Pentagram city. 

The Lizard demon sighed. 

He had snuck down to the front desk when the Winged Cat demon took his midnight break, having stolen the key to the room beside the one he had been staying in and had checked himself into that room with a fake name. 

Scowling, Markel walked over to the front desk, the Winged Cat demon sitting behind it while taking a drink. 

“Hey, I’d like to return this key and check out of my hotel room” said Markel simply, taking the key out of his pocket and placing it down on the desk. 

Husk picked up the key and examined it for a second before shrugging. 

“Alright. Hope you enjoyed your stay, and sorry redemption didn’t work out for you” said Husk, turning around and hanging the key on its proper hook before turning to the computer and checking the room’s status as vacant. 

“Alright. Niffty, you know what to do” said Husk, turning and glancing over at the Cyclops demoness. 

Niffty smiled, nodding as she saluted, having been dusting the nearby grandfather clock. 

“I’m on it!” said Niffty, quickly rushing over to the closet with her cleaning cart before hanging the master key to the hotel around her neck, having put it on a lanyard so she didn’t accidentally lose it. 

Husk turned back to Markel. 

“Well, hope you had a nice stay Mr. Max Rustic” said Husk, taking a second to glance over at the computer screen, reading the fake name that Markel had used to check himself into the room. 

“HUSK! I TOLD you to STOP drinking alcohol while you’re fucking working!” demanded Vaggie, the Moth demoness walking into the lobby only to find Husk taking a drink from his bottle of alcohol. 

Husk, who had been startled, growled as his ears flattened and his fur fluffed up, glaring at Vaggie. 

“Yeah, yeah. Ya told me a million times. Now leave me alone. I’m dealing with a guest who’s checking out” said Husk angrily, gesturing a paw at the Lizard demon. 

Vaggie walked over to the desk and eyed the Lizard demon suspiciously before shrugging. 

“Hope you had a nice stay, and we hope to see you again someday when you decide to try redemption again” said Vaggie, smiling politely, refraining from losing her temper on the Winged Cat demon. 

Markel shrugged, picking up his suitcase as he began walking to the door. 

“Thanks. Oh, and I think the guy in the room next to me is that one guy you’re looking for who sent that email. I think his name was Markel, but he might be using a fake name since I’ve met him before and he gave me a different name. Anyway, the guy in the room next to mine, yeah, real full of himself. A jerk too. Heard him talking about wanting to have sex with that that performer you guys have, think it was the Shadow Exterminator demoness. Yup, real jealous guy. Wanted to separate her from her husband so he could have her all to himself. Anyway, thanks for the service. Maybe I’ll come back when I’m ready for redemption” said Markel, lying perfectly as he continued to walk to the doorway, not even turning around the entire time until he was finally at the door. 

Husk, Niffty and Vaggie’s eyes were open wide in shock, trying to process everything the Lizard demon had said. 

Markel shrugged, turning and leaving the hotel.