Aftermath

The medical room:

Lennix groaned in pain, slowly opening his eyes. 

Looking around, he could see that he was in a hospital-like room. 

Turning his head so he was looking over at the door, he could see that there was a glass window with some words. His vision was a little blurred, but he was still able to decipher what the backward words said. 

Medical Office 
Please come in and push the red button beside the door and wait for Dr.Baxter

Lennix huffed, laying his head back down on the pillow, closing his eyes. 

He then gasped and sat up, remembering what had happened before falling unconscious. 

He held his stomach, feeling a sharp pain after sitting up too quickly. 

He looked down and saw that he was wearing the black T-shirt that he normally wore underneath his hoodie. He lifted the hem of his shirt and saw that his stomach was wrapped with white, blood-stained bandages. 

Lowering the shirt so he didn’t need to see the bloody bandages, Lennix looked around, biting his bottom lip nervously. He noticed the bandage wrapped tightly around his right wrist, a black arm brace overtop.  

How was he still alive? 

The last thing he remembered was being stabbed with a broken metal piece of the chandelier before stabbing the syringe into (Y/N) ankle. 

He jumped in fright when he heard someone enter the room. 

Turning his gaze over at the door, he saw the Anglerfish demon entering the room, looking down at his clipboard. 

He looked up, smiling when he saw Lennix awake. 

“Finally! Oh my gosh, I’m glad you’re alright. You could have died if I hadn’t managed to perform emergency surgery on your stomach” said Baxter, coming over and standing beside the bed Lennix was on. 

The Imp was shocked. 

“But...why? Why would you save me? I did this, I started the incident five years ago. I corrupted your wife" said Lennix, frowning.

Baxter sighed. 

“I know. And I’m still mad about it. But, I can’t let my anger get in the way. Besides, this is Hell. We’re all demons who have sinned. You’re an Imp who was born here, plus with a past like yours, I can’t blame you for doing what you did” said Baxter, shrugging as he looked down at his clipboard, flipping the page and reading over what was on the next. 

Lennix nodded in understanding, looking down. 

“Now then. You were stabbed in the Abdominal area. I estimated the wound being between the Umbilical Region and the left Lumbar Region. The metal piece missed your stomach, just barely grazing it. A few millimeters to the left and your stomach would have been punctured, spilling your stomach acids which would then eat away at your inner organs and flesh from the inside out and you would have been dead within seconds. In other words, you were EXTREMELY lucky” explained Baxter, looking down at the diagram of an Imp with a mock wound drawn on with a red pen, showing where the Imp’s injuries are, matching Lennix’s. 

“Oh…” said Lennix. 

“Along with the stomach wound, I also discovered that you had some internal bleeding. I was able to cauterize it before you lost too much. It would have also made surgery on your stomach difficult. Your Renal Artery had been sliced, closer to your stomach. None of your Nerves had been severed, which is a good thing. I also discovered that some of your Carpal bones on your right hand were shattered. I took the liberty in wrapping your wrist after doing a quick X-ray on it to make sure they weren’t too broken and out of place. Luckily they were just cracked and should be fully healed within 3-4 weeks. Now, I’m no dentist, but you also lost a tooth, so I called in a former dentist. He replaced your missing tooth with a gold one” explained Baxter, re-reading the notes he had on the next page.