Battle of the Circle

Vox's Pov:

I was sitting in my chair around the empty Inner Circle meeting table. The room was dark and empty, except for the flicker of a few candles scattered around the room.

I was thinking.

I looked down at the picture on my phone. They had shared the photo with everyone, even the Inner Circle.

It was a family photo of (Y/N) with her husband and daughter.

(Y/N) had her hair done up in a (F/H/S) with her favorite crystal and feather hair brooch.

Baxter wasn't wearing his lab coat or gloves. Instead, he was wearing a black suit jacket with a black suit shirt underneath, a red dark blue tie to match.

Thier daughter, Serenade, had her hair done up in some tight curls.

(Y/N) and Baxter were sitting next to each other, while Serenade was sitting in between them, smiling at the camera.

I glared down at the photo before chuckling darkly.

I had an idea.

Time skip to a few days later

(Y/N) Pov:

"The Battle of the Circle!?" I asked, shocked.

Baxter nodded.

"Yah, apparently Vox came up with this 'great new idea' where he's gathering up the children of Hell's influencail demons, and have them battle against each other. Examples such as bankers, bussiness owners and such" explained Baxter.

I had skipped this week's meeting so I could teach Serenade how to sing some new songs.

"That's....that's an absolutely stupid idea!" I exclaimed, completely shocked and angry.

"I know! Some of the other members didn't like the idea, considering a bunch of CHILDREN are probably going to die, BUT VOX HAD ALREADY SENT THE NEWS OUT!" Screeched Baxter, throwing his arms up into air.

"And you know what makes it worse?" He asked in a silently angry tone.

"What?" I asked, a little scared but also curious as to what he had to add.

"HE ALREADY SIGNED SERENADE UP FOR IT!!!" He yelled anrgily.

"WHAT!?" I screeched, taken back by what he had revealed.

"Yah! He said that since she's the daughter to two members in the Inner Circle, that automatically makes her one of the contestants to participate!" Exclaimed Baxter.

I was livid.

"WHY WOULD HE DO THIS!?" I yelled.
"Oh and get this, the contest is TONIGHT!" Said Baxter, growling angrily.

I was shaking in rage.

Husk's Pov:

Me and Niffty had just gotten out of the elevator, Serenade sitting on my left shoulder as we made our way down the hallway.

(Y/N) had asked us to take Serenade to the playground everyday for an hour after lunch so she could be more social with other kids.

"Did you have fun at the playground?" Asked Niffty, skipping down the hallway next to me.

"Yah! I can't wait to sing in an actual competition someday!" Giggled Serenade.

"Believe me kid. You're a natural. You'll be blowing the competition away" I said, smirking slightly.