The Hazbin Project PRT.11

(Y/N) Pov: 

Me and Sheamus flew above our group, on our way to Pentagram city. 

I was worried about Baxter, considering he lost his lure. 

I sighed, but kept flying forward. 

Sheamus glanced over at me, but kept silent. 

As we back-tracked down the long road back, I stole a quick glance off to my right. 

I gasped and stopped, my wings flapping as I hovered in the air, staring at the large, brightly lit city. 

Deadwood city. 

And it was empty. 

Sheamus, who had been flying beside me, stopped as well. 

“(Y/N)!? Whit's wrong? How come did ye stoap sae suddenly?” he asked, confused as he looked in the direction I was. 

“It’s Deadwood! It’s…..empty! There were so many Infecters when we passed by the first time, but now they’re all gone!” I exclaimed, trying to comprehend where they all went. 

Sheamus was also shocked. 

“Yah, ye'r richt! But...where cuid thay hae a' gaen? He asked, glancing over at me with worry. 

“I don’t know” I said, shaking my head. 

“Dae yi'll waant tae gang check it oot quickly? Juist a quick in 'n' oot sae we kin see if th' toon pure is abandoned” suggested Sheamus. 

“Yah, that’s probably a good idea. Let’s go tell the others so they can wait while me and you check it out real quick” I say, nodding my head in agreement. 

Sheamus nodded before the two of us quickly dove down, catching up to the two vehicles that have gotten ahead of us. 

I flew down beside the pickup truck and caught my dad’s attention. He rolled down the window to the drivers side to hear what I had to say. 

“Pull over, quickly!” I say, flying to a stop as my dad nodded and slammed on the breaks. Husk and Niffty’s vehicle slammed to a stop just behind the pickup truck, nearly ramming the back of it. 

“The FUCK are we stopping!?” shouted Husk angrily, quickly exiting the vehicle and glaring at me and Sheamus. 

Everyone else got out to see what was going on as me and Sheamus landed on the ground. 

“Something is wrong. Me and Sheamus noticed that Deadwood city is completely empty, but we can’t be sure unless-” I started saying, but my mom already knew what I was going to say. 

“You go and check it out” she said, worriedly. 

I nodded. 

“Yes. Me and Sheamus are going to check it out real quick. The rest of you stay here until we get back” I say, opening my wings, about to take off. 

“NO!” shouted Baxter angrily. 

“Baxter-?” I say, confused and a little shocked. 

“I’m not letting my wife go into a city that ‘might’ be abandoned. What if the Infecters are hiding, waiting to ambush you? I-....I don’t want to lose you again….” he said, looking down at the ground sadly. 

I was shocked, but I smiled and cupped his cheek, lifting his head up slightly so he was looking at me. 

“I promise, I’ll come back. I’m only going to leave you for a few minutes, then I’ll be back. Ok?” I said, smiling reassuringly.