A tour member | F.I. x Reader

(A/n)

Sometimes I panic at the thought that, if something happens to my account, I'll have nothing but a few oneshots saved. it's been just some months since I started saving my stories somewhere else and theres too much for me to save now 😎

This was inspired on another dream, though things went way different, enjoy

________
________
________

I don't really know how did I get here. I mean, technically, I do, but I never thought I would be here and everything happened so out of sudden to a point I probably look like an idiot. More than I normally do. Like now, that I'm sitting on a bench away from everyone else as sipping on a cold drink I bought earlier and watching everyone talking with each other, unable to do the same. We're taking a break after long hours in the bus and now hang out in the lot.

All of them have tried to approach me so far, mainly Ray, and I believe they understand I'm still getting used to everything. Or so I hope. Gerard is the one I've talked the most to since we had to organize all the contracts, he needed to explain me everything and, after all, he was the one to reach out to me at first. Frank is chill, always making sure I'm alright and I'm weirdly fine with talking with him, despite not doing it so much. I wish Mikey was here, it would be nice to meet him too... except that they wouldn't need a bassist to replace him in this tour – in other words, me – if that was the case. Heh, there will be another opportunity, for sure.

My train of thoughts is interrupted by Frank sitting next to me. I observe him for a moment before looking away, not wanting to seem weird or anything. A sigh comes from him, followed by the hissing sound of his can of soda being open.

"Hell, it's been tiring," he says out of sudden, still watching the others talking and laughing to themselves. "But I missed it. I mean, like this, y'know? What about you, tho? Ever toured?"

His eyes suddenly meeting mine startle me; the persistent doubt if he was really talking to me or not bugging me until now. It takes me a moment to shake my head in response, lowering my drink. "It's the first time I'm even playing in a band seriously. I'm always doing jobs like this. Replacing people or whatever. Not bad, but," I shrug with certain frustration. I've always wanted to be part of a band for real. "Still, I couldn't ask for better now. I really love My Chem."

"You do deserve better than that, you're really talented." Frank's looking at the distance again, taking a pause to sip on his soda. "I remember seeing your covers and I literally chose you at first."

I almost choke on my drink at his statement, looking at him curiously. "You've seen the covers?" As much as I have a lot of references, most of the videos are of me playing on concerts while the covers, specifically, are only on my social networks. At the time, I had been doing a lot of auditions and asking for people to recommend me – that's how Gerard found me, after all. An invitation that almost had me fainting. I just don't have a lot of followers and views, so everything is unexpected. My work is more of... underground.

"I needed to look you up, 'needed to check your background, huh! What if we had a murderer touring with us?" Frank narrows his eyes at me in a playful way before which I can't help but to smile. "And you better continue around, I'm creating another band soon." He leans a bit closer, winking at me with a nudge on my arm.

"Of course," I mutter without thinking, tho meaning it. Well, I am thinking, but not about the subject. It's all about his eyes and how his lips curl up in a soft smile.

"Frank, (y/n)!" Ray's voice suddenly pulls us back to reality. He nods towards the bus before walking in, most of the others already having vanished. Frank and I share a look, smiling, then follow the others.