I Wanna Be Your Slave | AU! | (2/3)

(A/n)

This part was supposed to be smut (top/dom reader), but I decided to extend the story until then!

Requested by both FrankLerosLipRing and bublegum_sorrows

not proofread

_________
_________
_________

"...and that's why the importations to the US aren't going to work well." Mikey finishes and Gerard lets out a sharp exhale at the same time I do, half of his face hidden by his hand whilst his elbow rests on the table, but I can barely contain my urge of snapping, limiting myself to rubbing my face instead. Keep yourself calm, (y/n).

"What made the government suddenly get like that?" I raise an eyebrow, slamming my hands against the table. "They're gonna investigate every shipping now? Every millimeter of the containers?"

Mikey shrugs, tilting his head – the sound of the papers being placed back down cut thickly through the meeting room, which's red tones seem deeper and suffocating. "I believe so. At least until their suspicion dies down. Y'know, I think they got Siegel's finger in it."

"Of course they do," I sigh, shaking my head.

"No one else aside from them knew about that shipment," Gerard adds. "The good point, on the other hand, is that we still can get help from Chicago Outfit."

"At least." I nod, pressing my lips together. They better be up to helping us this time, they owe us a favor, after all, and we highly depend on this shipping, but I need confirmation they won't actually betray us now. "Contact them asap, Mikey." I stand up, adjusting my suit. "And let me know about their answer, alright? And Gerard, take a further look into this thing. I need to know who had relation to this so we can be more careful. Let me know about it the moment you get answers." I leave the room without any other word.

Nothing more can be done about this situation now and I can't let it take over and cause another breakdown – it wasn't helpful at all during the last time.

Frank suddenly shows up when I'm on my way to my office, following me quietly. He's about to walk in with me, but I close the door before he's able to do so. Of course Frank's a nice guy, but people work for whoever pays higher and I hope that if some unfortunate event happens, he doesn't have any important information with him.

The room is quiet aside from the sound of the phone's keys being pressed before I'm lifting the handset, the cold metal touching the shell of my ear.

"Hello?" Ray asks from the other side of the line.

"It's me, Ray," I let him know, leaning back against my armchair. "The–" I pause, speaking lower so no one can hear from outside the door. "The last shipment was caught. We need to be careful. I want the following ones clean and the special one will be sent as soon as I say so," I say slowly. "Do you understand?"

"Of course," Ray answers, voice tense. "Are you sure it's–"

"Yeah," I cut him off, nodding with a sigh. "Everything is going to happen nicely, don't worry. Make sure it happens exactly as I told you, alright? Next shipments are completely free until the second order!"

"Okay, sir. Noted. I'll keep you updated."

"Thank you."

The handset hits the cradle with a soft dinging sound that's quickly swallowed by the silence. Well, then. Let's hope everything just happens perfectly this time.

Frank is standing outside the door when I walk out, leaning back against the wall with his hands behind him. He observes me with wide eyes; not a sign of nervousness, nothing out of usual.