Bubblegum Bitch | Pastel! F.I. x Punk! Reader

(A/n)

I have such an obsession over the Bubblegum Bitch song

Unfinished work, not proofread, I'll probably only give continuation if someone asks

__________
__________
__________

A sweet smell follows him, lingering behind for a few seconds, something maybe like cotton candy. It suits him perfectly, not only because of his pastel looks and also not because of his personality – he's bold, more like peppermint bubblegum –, but something unclear hovers there.

Once he disappears around the corner to the other hallway, my eyes meet Gerard's almost automatically; dumbass has been watching me for the whole time.

"Man, why don't you talk to him?" Gerard finally lets the grin he's been holding back tug on his lips and leans back against the wall, arms crossed over his chest. "Don't you have a few lectures with him? Like, he's always in the library when I go there, so maybe I could–"

"Gerard– Gerard, hold on!" I roll my eyes at the presumptuous manner Gerard turns to me. "Like if he'd pay attention to me." I make a vague motion to myself and, c'mon, I'm not any big deal. "There are more chances he's gonna play me than anything else, you know... Fuck, not to reference the shitty rumors, but you see how he goes around, like? Never saw anyone actually date Frank or get past his teasing."

"Well, if you pay attention to it, he only uses the people," Gerard breathes, shaking his head to himself.

"Last girl who fell under his spell was carrying his books last week and hell knows where she is now." I sigh. Maybe only admiring him from the distance is enough, I'm absolutely not up to hearing people gossipping around the corners about how 'Frank even caught the college's punk' or whatever.

"Either you try your chances," Gerard says, "or forget about him."

"I'm mad because you're not even wrong this time." I look at him bitterly, punching his shoulder lightly – both of us laugh. "See you later, dumbass."

"Love you too!" He pulls me for a brief hug and presses a kiss to my cheek before we can follow our ways, ankling down opposite directions.

Either I try or forget. Not wrong, but still a harsh choice. People often say Frank's dumb, which's not quite truth; it's the exact opposite. All he does is to chew people up and spit them out after they try something with him, never letting things progress, and nonetheless, he never lost his reputation. People are always falling for him and the weirdest thing is how things haven't been like this forever. He got here two years ago, so did I, but my oldest memory of him is from a year ago.

Perhaps I'm right, perhaps I'm wrong and Frank has no depth at all, being only a vain person interested in his own self profit and all that caught my attention on him is how his aesthetic is the exact opposite to mine. Whatever, I got assignments to work on.

Leaving the building and moving to the next one alone with my thoughts has me almost regretting not asking Gerard to skip that lecture and spend time in the library with me. Despite having the same major, Gerard and I don't share all of the professors, which sucks a lot. Sometimes I just want his presence around to keep me from overthinking or to have someone help me with the assignments. He's read most of the books I need or at least has a great critical sense I often rely on.

The library isn't crowded. A few people sit by the wide table down the side and a couple others take place on the computers whilst most of the small tables are free.

I need a moment of standing there to get used to the darker ambient then finally take my phone out of my pocket, running my eyes over the title of the book we're supposed to get. There better still be any copy left because I don't want to bother Gerard with help on assignments regarding books again nor pay a kidner for an online copy that'll only be available for a couple weeks.