Ups and Downs | F.I. x Reader

(A/n)

Requested by pigeonmustdie

what's it like to be short, guys? 😳
hah, not me acting like if i was rly tall

____
____
____

Tiredness already plays around my eyes and down my legs, but I know I won't be able to fall asleep if I do it now and the brief moment I'm spending slouched against the side of the van while the other four decide where we should go may be enough. My eyes avert to Frank. He's standing a bit apart from the other three, eyebrows furrowed as he watches them attentively, eyes averting to whoever is talking from time to time. A cigarette rests between his pointer and index finger, smoke escaping his lips every now and then.

There's something about him.

As if sensing my gaze, Frank turns his head to face me and raises his eyebrows in a silent impatience which I partially share. He shakes his head to himself, giving up on the others, and approaches me instead. He takes a deep inhale and, in the moment he stops, he blows it all over my face.

"Stupid," I say as wrinkling my nose, too tired to even step away.

A smile plays on Frank's lips and I reach for the cigarette, taking a drag of it myself while he watches, leaning back against the van too. Pretending I'm going to copy his actions, but I blow the smoke to the night air instead.

Frank lets out a humorous hum, observing me with a tiredness which I imagine to equal mine, however, it's something difficult to tell and kind of improbable even after almost an hour of jumping around on a stage without ceasing. I lift the cigarette to his lips, letting him take a drag then I do so myself and throw the stump on the ground, smashing it against the parking lot's pavement with the heel of my shoe.

"Hey," Mikey's voice averts our attention away from each other. "We're going to the amusement park." He points to the lights in the distance, luminous spots making out the shape of a Ferris wheel and a rollercoaster. That might be fun.

My feet are still heavy when I start to follow them in a walk that hopefully won't be a too long one, with Frank right beside me.

Hearing the screams of people going down the rides, the music, or even the loud chatter coming from the amusement park becomes easier according to how close we get to it and, inevitably, we're slowly pulled into the specific vibe the place carries. A pleasant one. Once we step past the gates, we all share some looks like if checking each other's opinion on the place and, in general, it works.

"Imma buy us the tix," Gerard mutters, looking around before he lights himself a cig and tucks the lighter in his pocket to pull his wallet out of it this time. After we all hand him money, Gerard has enough dollars and soon returns with all the tickets, handing each of us an equal quantity, about four for each. "Where should we go first?"

"Rollercoaster," Mikey suggests almost immediately, tucking the tickets into his hoodie's pocket.

A hum of agreement comes from Ray as he glances at the rollercoaster and at the line for it, which isn't that long. "Sounds like a good idea. Y'all up for it," he questions as eyeing everyone – Gerard nods while Frank seems excited about it, clapping his hands together; he looks at me and it's not like I've got any choice, but it's not a problem either.

Frank approaches me when we start walking towards the rollercoaster; he hugs my arm and rests his head against my shoulder and maybe he's more tired than I had presumed.

"We gonna stay somewhere tonight or van it is again?" I ask when we come to a stop, actually more interested in just maintaining a talk with Frank rather than with the other three too. Not that I've got anything against them. I'm tired.