Soulmate | F.I. x Reader | AU | (1/2)

(A/n)

Here's a request by xbloodbulletx uwuwu
Her requests and suggestions are just awesome, ma bois uwu

________
________
________

[AU]: Once in every month soulmates get to see from each other's eyes for 60 seconds until they meet for the first time. It happens unexpectedly and neither pair knows when it will happen.

___

"Of course, but I'm a complete disaster coming to this." I press my lips together, tilting my head as having a disappointed look on - disappointed at myself. Ray breathes a chuckle, making me shoot him a pouty look he doesn't show any pity at the sight of.

"It's normal, it's normal taking some time." He smiles calmly as tapping my back for a couple of seconds. "The amount of time people take may vary, you know that."

"C'mon, you sound like a shrink talking!" I roll my eyes, leaning back on the couch and moving my eyes to the TV even if not actually paying any attention to it. "But I mean, I've been having those for a long time, most of my friends have found their soulmates just by the visions and what about me?" Exhaling out of frustration, I throw my head back for a moment, internally pleading for whoever controls the universe to make it all easier.

Shaking his head, he furrows his eyebrows hopelessly at me. "You it doesn't depend only of you, right? Your soulmate is probably having a hard time in finding you too."

"Or maybe he isn't even interested in it or I'm so unlucky that I'll never find them by destiny's fault." I press my lips together, twisting my mouth in more frustration. It honestly makes me want to do the possible and the impossible to go after my soulmate, but quickly I realize I can do practically nothing if not try to memorize and identify everything he sees - yet, the thing is that all I see is mostly his house plus images of where I presume to be the place he works in; something relate to books, I believe.

"Oh, God," Ray says looking up as extending his arms up for a moment, seeming to really talk to someone in a voice that mixes a plead and desperation, "what did I do to have a so dramatic friend?"

My eyebrows furrow as I shoot him a look of disbelief, "You act like if you weren't any dramatic."

"You're even more." He raises his eyebrows, his eyes practically telling me to give up on the idea; I shake my head lightly at him, mentally asking myself the same question he made seconds ago,

After Ray leaves and I'm once again left alone in my apartment, I decide to take a shower and continue doing nothing on the couch until I'm tired enough to sleep. My peace, however, is interrupted by this month's vision.

The first thing I'm able to see is people dancing under lights - a place that seems to be a bar. It remains like this until he turns to the side and faces a guy with long dark hair that sits on a stool with his back against the counter of the bar - probably saying something since the dark haired laughs and nods, replying something then bringing his cup to his lips, sipping on a certainly alcoholic drink. Suddenly, I'm back to reality; the room spinning around me as it always happens in these moments, what makes me need to close my eyes for a moment until the dizzy feeling disappears - I thank myself I was laying on the couch this time so there wasn't any risk of me falling or something.

Disturbed, I stare at the ceiling as thinking - where did I see that guy? He's familiar... Hey, here's a new way to finding my soulmate; finally! Well, that if he isn't any random stranger I saw across the street and his image got caught in my mind, yet let's hope for the opposite. Shit, seems like remembering places where you saw people isn't that easy after all.