;Cherries | AU! | Baker! F.I. x Pastel! Reader | (2/2)

(A/n)

Here it is sarah_the_clikkie, I hope you like it, even tho it's short, sorry

Thanks xbloodbulletx for coming up such good plots because holy shit-

____
____
____

"Babe, can you hand me a plastic bag?" Frank asks and I nod, grabbing one and handing him before returning to my place on the chair behind the cash register. "Thank you, come again." He smiles at the costumer before they exit the bakery. He approaches me, putting an arm around my shoulders, "And you, miss? You've been sitting there the whole time, aren't you a little too lazy today?"

"Maybe it's just your mind..." I say leaning against him, nuzzling against his neck.

"Oh, really?" He lowers his arm, laying his hand against my side and poking on it, making me squeal. He chuckles, pulling me to a hug which I melt in. "But you're the one going to help the next costumer, okay?"

"Can I have a cupcake? Or a milkshake?" I ask.

"Again, princess?"

"The last one I had was yesterday." I whine.

"Just because I love you." Frank jokes moving away. I almost regret my request when I feel the cold air taking it's place against me.

I wait as he gets a cupcake for me, swinging my legs. Silently, I hope that a costumer doesn't show up yet, I mean, I do like working at the bakery but I'm kinda lazy today.

"Here." Frank smiles coming back with a rainbow one with chocolate and a cherry over it. "Just like the one when we met." He presses a kiss to my temple and I blush.

"Th-thank you." I say starting to eat it. - Honestly, I love this kind of cupcake both because of the meaning it has for us and by itself.

Not long later, I'm already done with it and Frank is just checking the cash register when another costumer walks in. Frank gives me a look and I pout, sighing as I stand up.

I adjust my pastel purple apron as I approach the costumer from behind the counter. "Good afternoon, what would you like?" I ask the male in front of me.

He eyes me for a moment, probably trying to decide what he wants. "A croissant please. And a glass of orange juice."

"To go or will you eat here?" I ask him.

"I..." He seems to debate with himself on what to do for a second, "I'll eat it here."

"Okay. Just a moment." I smile grabbing a plate, putting it on the counter, and place a few napkins over it.

"Your hands are really delicate." The man comments and I blush - not because I'm flattered of course, it's... weird.

"Uh, thanks." I reply quietly, not giving him much attention and move to grab the croissant. While I place it on the plate, I notice the man smiling - or smirking, I can't identify - at me. I ignore it.

Finally, I move to grab the glass of orange juice as requested. The whole time, I can feel the man's gaze on my back. It's starting to make me uncomfortable - if it hasn't already. I move back to the counter and place it by the plate.

"H-here. 2.75 plus 2.00 dollars... It will be 4 dollars and 75 cents." I say avoiding eye contact with the male.

"Right." He places a five dollars bill over the counter, "Keep the change." He winks and I nod slowly, thanking him and taking it. "You're really a cutie you know that?" He says in a flirty tone.

I don't know what to answer - only Frankie is supposed to talk to me that way!
"U-uh-" I try to figure out what to say but he speaks up again.

"Look like a doll." He says leaning against the counter.

I clutch the dollar bill in my hands, nervous -- what should I do? I don't like it- It's annoying! I just like it when Frankie does-

"Are you free some time?" He asks, interrupting my thoughts.

Again, I stand there without a clue on what to do. I decide to ask him to stop, "P-please, can you-"

In the exact time, I feel an arm being placed around my shoulders, pulling me protectively against it's owner. "Hey, princess, is this guy bugging you?" Frank says in a kind tone. Still nervous, I don't answer anything but certainly relax with him there. "I hope he isn't, or else, things won't be that good for him." He gives the man a deadly glare the whole time. "Because this princess already has her knight and he doesn't like anyone flirting with her."

Apparently surprised and scared, the male swallows dry. There's a moment of a thick silence before he speaks up again, "I-I changed my mind, s-sorry for bothering." He says before practically running out of the bakery, all tense.

Just now, I really think about what Frank did and said, causing me to blush.

Frank puts his hands on my shoulders and turns me to face him. "Are you okay?" I nod in response. He takes the dollar bill from my hands - I admit I had already forgotten about it - and furrows his eyebrows, looking at me again. "I'm sorry I hadn't noticed it earlier, okay? I'm so sorry." He pulls me to a hug and I return it, melting against him.

"No problem, I'm okay, Frankie." I say quietly.

"I should've noticed it earlier, I'm sorry." He repeats himself.

"I-it's okay, really," I tighten my grip on him. "you... don't need to care that much." I lower my tone when nearing the end of the sentence.

"Oh, baby, I'd rather die than let anything happen to you." He says and my cheeks - well, probably my whole face - go red at his words - if possible, considering I was already red before.

"You don't need to exaggerate!" I giggle.

"But it's true."

"I-I love you." I say quickly, it goes out more like a squeal.

He chuckles and pulls away, looking down at me with a smile. "I love you too. And does a milkshake sound good?"

"You don't need to-"

"A milkshake to my (n/n), it is." He pecks my lips before moving to do as said, leaving me standing there, all red and stuttering.

______________