And say goodbye | F.I. x Reader | (1/3)

(A/n)

Another request by ✨yebroimemo

Idk if I got this completely right, I'm sorry-

That'll be in two parts again, aye
Let's hope i divided these well ((I still didn't write the other part, aye))

_______
_______
_______

Past. I honestly wish I could just erase it or that it just magically ceased existing. The most deplorable part is how I can't seem to let go of it either - I sigh as fighting the thoughts of getting rid of it and placing the picture back inside the book to slip it back into its previous place on the shelf. Every time I gaze at this pic or anything else that reminds me of that time, my heart tightens and I find myself unable to let go of these.

Shaking my head in an attempt of brushing these thoughts away, I continue cleaning the shelf and allow the memories of these times to return to their forgotten corner in my mind. The sight of my shelf now all clean and organized makes me smile proudly. Now I guess it's everything done - the whole room is clean.

After a warm shower, I decide to watch TV until something nicer to do comes up. I guess the Universe hears me instantly because, just some minutes after I sit down on the couch, my phone is buzzing with the notification of a new message.

Ray 🌻: Heyy, my band's got a gig at Devil's Nest today
Ray 🌻: You should come watch us :))

My answer doesn't even require much thinking and I'm soon sending a sure, quickly proceeding to look for some nice clothes to wear tonight. I'm anxious for it and I want to look good, not to mention I'll most likely be meeting Ray's friends.

What makes me anxious the most is that I'm finally going to watch them playing - anxious in a good sense, I mean. Ray just let me know he was in a band a long time after we started talking and he never talked about it much. Whenever I ask him to watch them live, I get the same answer. "We're not that good, we're just starting," Ray always says. It seems like things changed today. I can't wait to know what they sound like and meet them.

Once the club comes into view, I can't help but to smile in certain anxiety, shoving my hands in my pockets as walking into the place. Their band - My Chemical Romance, if I'm right - must be kinda known already, considering the place's crowded, more than usual; loud, incoherent words fill the ambient, coming from the people I squeeze past to get to the counter. I cough at first, but soon grow used to the traditional smell of the bar.

It seems like I arrive just in time because, in the moment I reach the counter and order a drink, there are five people walking up to the small stage. "Ah, hi," a guy with long, black hair says into the mic. "We're My Chemical Romance, y'all probably know us already because we often play here," he breathes a chuckle and I judge he probably had a few drinks already, like some of the others. "Our first song is a new one, um, To The End."

The dark place and relatively bad lighting makes it a bit difficult to find Ray, but I'm eventually able to recognize him by the right side of the stage, playing his guitar. Their music is extremely good - I find myself immediately in love with it, making a mental note of asking for a CD later, plus merch, if possible. Which I'll pay for, obviously.

All I can say about their performance is that it's incredibly amazing. As said, I simply love their style at all and anxiety strikes me in the same moment they start getting down from the stage. When I see them walking back into the bar, I immediately approach Ray.

"Ray!" I say as pulling the tall male for a hug, which he gladly returns, greeting me back. "You finally let me see your band live! You guys are just amazing, you should've called me to watch y'all sooner!"