*Lip gloss smile | Pastel! F.I. x Punk! Reader

(A/n)

Request by intiimacy

_______
_______
_______

Y'know, he's fucking judged by the whole school - practically -, but these pastel shorts, sometimes skirts, and knee high socks fit him so damn well. He's so perfect and cute I just can't-

"(Y/n)?" Pete's voice pulls me from my thoughts abruptly, suddenly putting a ground under my feet that makes me jump at the sudden contact. "Dude, you look like a princess eyeing her prince charming even if there isn't any." He snickers and Mikey follows him, still not averting his eyes from the book he's got in hands.

Rolling my eyes, I shake my head, glancing at my forearm and noticing there's a red spot on it, right where my chin was supported over - presuming my chin is equally red, I rub it. "Can't I be fucking distracted? I don't comment about when you shake like a leaf when you're about to make a move on your crushes, okay?" I furrow my eyebrows in an accusingly way, still hinting I'm not completely serious. His face gets red at my comment as he looks away and, this time, even Ray joins us in the laughter.

"What were you talking about, anyways?" I adjust my posture, running my eyes over our neglected work briefly. We're totally not doing this. Mikey may be reading, but it's just a random fiction book he got when we were walking around the library - not to mention he's not even in our Geography class, just sticking around - and sat down in one of the tables in the outside to give up on the work right after opening the textbooks in the right pages. I don't even know why we're here. Maybe it's to convince Mrs. Lee we are actually trying to be good students.

"Have you ever seen this kid talking with anyone?" Pete nods discreetly towards Frank, who sits in a table, a good distance away from us. "Besides the teachers, I mean."

"Once, I saw him talking with Jepha," Ray comments, having one of his pencils between his fingers, playing with it. He needs to adjust his position to speak since he had his chin supported by his free hand. "but he said Frank was just handing him some sheets he missed from a History class. Frank didn't say much, he had short answers." His eyebrows raise as he waits for a response from us.

Pete slowly nods, thoughtful. "Maybe he doesn't like to talk to people."

"Maybe he's just shy." I furrow my eyebrows - he doesn't seem to be that kind of person.

"Or he does something weird when talking." Ray narrows his eyes, seeming determined to find the reason of it all, even stopping the movements with the pencil.

"Or he isn't nice to talk to."

"Or maybe you've just never seen him talking!" Done, I twist my mouth, annoyed that they aren't able to see the obvious. Ray and Pete raise their eyebrows at me like if I was the wrong one and they pitied me for not seeing the truth. Idiots. "Probably, all you need is to know how to talk to the guy properly," I mirror their expressions, speaking in a slow tone, articulating every syllable while having a hand raised with it's palm upwards. "then he'll talk with you, simply."

"Simply?" Pete cracks a small grin as eyeing me with disbelief.

"Simply." I nod confidently, not losing my posture. It's possible to see Mikey taking a few glances at the situation, still opting for not saying a word.

"Then why don't you try to do it?" The tone Pete has on is annoyed - he's most likely feeling attacked since I didn't agree with his theories about how Frank may be a weird kid isolated for a good reason -, judging his expression, he probably thinks I won't have courage to do it. "Go and talk to him if you've got the guts. I dare you."