I'm not okay | Child! Reader

(A/n)

Request by SydRg005
This is cute

Thx Kate, for the help

And I'm sorry for taking so long, but I don't really know how to write kids behaviour or perspective, so,,,,

________

Katie Killjoy and Tom Trench are references and you can't convince me otherwise

________
________
________

"I can't believe you got in another fight, (y/n)! Don't you think you're grown up enough already to know better than it?" The teacher scolds me with an overly stressed tone, what earns her a look of disbelief from me - why doesn't she tell it to the high school students? There's always someone getting in trouble! Mrs. Hamilton shouldn't act like a sixth grader like me can't get in fights using that reason. "You're already in trouble, do you understand? If this happens once again-"

I decide I've heard that enough times already and run away, heading to the nurse's office. I'm not up to listening to all of that again! Katie deserved it! She can't walk around stealing people's lunch or offending them like she does.

There's already some kids inside the nurse's office so it takes a moment until Mrs. Harvey turns her attention to me, having handed the boy an ice bag - two girls, twins, are next to him and the three sit on the couch, by the other side of the room. Her eyes widen lightly seeing me there, sitting on the same blue chair once again, eyeing her with the same bored eyes.

"(Y/n), don't you tell me you've gotten in another fight!" Her eyebrows furrow lightly as she moves to check my wounds - I've got a scrapped knee and an also injured elbow. I whine when she moves my arm in a way the wound hurts. A sharp sigh leaves her nose; she moves to get the bandages, which doesn't take long. "Your parents must throw a fit whenever seeing you like this, little one! You should stop getting in fights!"

Just like Mrs. Hamilton's words, Mrs. Harvey's ones never reach my brain since my attention is on the three kids by the other side of the room. The girls seem to be comforting the boy who just can't stop crying while holding the ice bag to his head. I wonder what happened - he seems really upset. Maybe someone was rude to him. I hate when people are rude; I frown at the through.

"Ouch!" It stings because Mrs. Harvey cleans my wounds - the look she's got on makes me feel kinda guilty for pulling my arm away. I make a little effort into staying still because it wasn't really nice that time when I moved too much and she took longer in cleaning everything. Some other whines end up coming out until she finishes, but everything start feeling better by the time she begins to cover the wounds.

"Here." Mrs. Harvey presses her dark red lips together in a smile, patting my head once she's up to her feet. "Don't get in trouble again, okay? You're a so beautiful and well behaved kid to keep getting in trouble like this!"

I enjoyed she was turned to the dresser - putting away the alcohol and cottons plus other things - to twist my face into an angry one. One of her reasons is worse than Mrs. Hamilton's! What does it have to do me being beautiful with me getting in trouble? Do they even think?

Another lecture starts and I can just sigh at it, peeking to check if she's paying any attention to me before I jump off the chair and stand in front of the couch, beside the boy. I have in mind what I'm going to say, but seeing him from close just... I don't know, it makes me feel bad seeing his eyes are all puffy from crying and his free hand is bandaged, not to mention his knee. Wait, I was supposed to speak up, right.

"Hey..." I speak slowly, making the girls stop muttering comforting things to him and his sobs to quieten a little. "What happened to you? Someone was rude to you?" I furrow my eyebrows, worried.