Just a little lonely | F.I. x Demon!Reader

(A/n)

Requested by unk1ll4bl34ng3l

__________
__________
__________

No one would think something like this would happen—not normally, not under normal circumstances—, but here I am sitting at some guy's bed because he wanted to sell his soul in exchange of having a best friend. Don't get me wrong, no, Frank is nice, it's just that the situation is just as normal as it sounds.

"And, um, I also have a collection of guitar picks, but I don't feel like you'd want to hear about them..." He exhales, continuing to go through all the stuff he has scattered across his bedroom's floor.

"No, bring them here." I pat the space next to me on his bed, and the way he looks at me with wide eyes and red cheeks makes me internally melt as I bring myself up a little with a sigh, careful not to make it sound like I am bored. The last time I looked away for a little too long while he explained to me why he believes M&M's are better than Skittles, he freaked out and insisted that I had grown bored of the subject and didn't tell the conclusion of his thoughts until he forgot about the event and started ranting about it all over again.

Frank plops down next to me as he holds a box close to his chest, smiling as he carefully opens it to show all the picks inside it, piled up in a colorful—more black and red than not—mess. Carefully grabbing one of them, he holds it in his palm as he goes through the others until bringing another one up; both black with white details. "So, I got these in a gig I went to some years ago. The guitarist was throwing them at the crowd, and I managed to get two of them. Not so pretty, looks like something I could've gotten at the store, but..." He shrugs. "Emotional value."

"Makes sense." I take them in hand with a nod, inspecting both from close and holding them carefully until he holds up one with a guitar print surrounded by fire and 'Iron Maiden' written under it.

"I got this for free at a store, I think it's pretty cool." He smiles a little, handing it to me.

Honestly, we do spend a good while going through all of his picks, sometimes only talking about their origins or having the subject take a turn. By the end, I have a handful of picks in my hands as he excitedly explains to me about his ideas for custom ones, but the talk halfway through it changes again.

"I used to buy records a lot more often, but I just can't right now." Frank shrugs a little, about to say something when he pauses with how I reach for the box to carefully place the guitar picks back and let the box on the bedside table. "Like, not just because I don't have money, but also because I can't find any that I like or that I don't have already around here." He plays with his hands a little now that he doesn't have the box between them.

"You do have a great collection, though, it's really nice." I look towards the shelf with a smile, observing all the organized records while the tapes sit by the top of the shelf along with a few extra, collectible items. It was probably the first thing he showed me.

"Yeah!" Frank hums with a smile, letting his hands rest over his knees for a moment, and falls silent while gazing at the shelf. I wait for him to say something else... And wait.

Won't he tell me again about how he got his Misfits tape? Or how he got to see Blink-182 live? Hell, hold on— No way I am getting attached to him that way. He deserves more, to be honest, more than even having needed to summon me in the first place. I didn't think befriending a human like this would be that nice, not just because he is a distraction from my everyday life, but whenever I occasionally need to leave to the inferno, I find myself missing at least having Frank around, messing with his things while we hang out in a peaceful silence.

"Come here." I bring Frank close to hug him, giving his temple a kiss, and internally melt at his soft groan of complaint from being pulled close suddenly, watching him scrunch his face grumpily. "Fucker. Lucky you that you're so cute."

"No," Frank whines softly, pressing to my side. At the same time it is bad that he is touch starved, I can't deny I love his reactions—it always gives me this weird, good sensation in my chest whenever he leans into my touches or hums pleased with them, even more when he curled up next to me just to sleep some days ago. I run my fingers through his hair, immediately having him stop squirming with a soft sigh as he wraps his arms around me. Taking his soul will be difficult.

~

"(Y/n)!" Frank jumps around a little, stopping midway to run back to the kitchen to come back with his phone in hand. "Look at this! New movie! Can we watch it?" He presses himself to me as he holds—practically shoves—the phone in front of me, in a way I chuckle a little at his excitement, pushing the phone away a little to see what's actually across the screen, and it's what seems to be a movie poster. Batman?

"We?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Pretty please," he sighs with a frown, lips pressed into a thin line as he looks down, bouncing on his heels lightly. "I don't want to go alone." I nod quietly, trying to think about how this will go. "Like, you don't need to go if you don't want to or just because of the contract because I want you to enjoy things as much as I do or at least a little bit, y'know? Don't feel pressured that I said I don't want to go alone, it's not like I'm not used to it, after all, so—"

"I will go."

"What?" Frank's eyes widen.

"Yeah," I chuckle and take a look at the phone again. "I mean, it doesn't seem that bad, can't be that bad." Frank continues to look at me weirdly... Okay. "So, when?"

"Today, in a couple of hours." He shyly waits for me to return his phone and pockets it. "Like, I knew about it before, but I... um, I didn't want to bother you or, like, what'd I do if you refused, so... yeah." He nods and I wonder if the words are mostly directed at me or himself.

"It's fine." I nod lightly, and inevitably melt again at Frank's proud grin as he pulls me to a hug, and it just makes my heart swell and flutter—if these are the right expressions, even, all I know is that I have this nice and melancholic sensation that just pushes all the thoughts I've been keeping to my throat.

"Y'know, I've been thinking about something," I say with a sigh, rubbing his back a little. "Let's say that... I genuinely like you, okay?" Something glints in his eyes and I need to look away for a second in order to continue without stuttering or anything. Pathetic. "To be honest, I don't want to take your soul. You shouldn't even have needed to summon me in the first place, and I wonder how people can not like you or..." I shrug. "Y'know it all. The thing is, I can't leave you nor do anything bad to you."

Frank looks at me for a long moment and furrows his eyebrows with a sigh, letting his eyes drift down. "But... No. You're not supposed to. I mean..." He lets out a soft whine, resting his head on my shoulder. "I like you a lot, but this isn't what's supposed to happen, right?"

"Not normally, but that doesn't mean it's wrong." I nuzzle him softly. "You're coming to hell with me."

__________