;In the middle of a gun fight | Mafia AU | (2/3)

"Can I have cake, (n/n)?"

"No, Miles, you had a slice just now." He pouts and gives me a look. I just chuckle and ruffle his hair, "Later, okay? Just don't let your father know." Miles' mood immediately lightens up at my words and he nods, smiling.

"(Y/n)," Frank's sudden voice makes the two of us jump startled. We whip our heads towards him and he's standing by the front door, looking at me. "Ho bisogno di te adesso."

I take a last look at Miles before running towards Frank and leaving the mansion. We stop near the garden's fountain.

"Who are we murdering today?" I say with a sarcastic tone, putting my hands inside my suit's pants pockets, changing my weight to a single leg.

Frank sighs, stressed. "Seems like someone wasn't able to keep their mouth shut."

"I mean, doesn't it happen the whole time? It's at least the third time this week. Why don't you make one of them tell why he leaked information?" I ask watching two of his men approach.

"Huh, he obviously did it to affect the gang, nothing more." He says looking at the fountain's water.

"They're obviously leaking it because of some reason, or else there wouldn't be so many occurrences at once."

He turns to me, "Obviously n-"

"Think! Maybe the other gang is putting people infiltrated in yours or exchanging information for money. Or even, they're making these ones do that so you'll slowly end with the whole gang, and better for them, it'll happen from the inside."

Frank looks at me for a moment, thinking.

"You won't listen to her, sir, will you?" One of his men says.

"You won't stop being stupid, will you?" Frank replies, "What she said does make sense. If you're going to complain, you should've at least thought about something like this before." - I don't bother holding back a smirk, shrugging lightly. - "Change of plans, we're just going to get him. Alive."

.

"And what are they gonna question him?" I ask Frank as we eye the man who was leaking information through blinds - we stand in a room beside the one the man's on through a window between them.

I notice a small spider crawling from the blinds to my hand and quickly shake it away, letting the blinds close in consequence. This building is literally falling to pieces - it's an abandoned factory that they chose to do the 'dirty work' and all in. I'm just not engrossed by it because I'm used to worse since I lived practically on the streets.

I mean, if you consider my current situation, I'm infinitely better than I thought I'd ever be. From cloths to a fancy suit from a night to another - it's not everyone who gets the privilege.

"Basically be direct with the questions and make him speak." Frank says taking a drag on his cigarette. The strong smell of the smoke quickly filling the fusty and fuggy room, making me hold back a cough.

"Make him speak." I mutter nodding to myself and understanding they'll torture the man. "Y'know, it doesn't even look like you're the head of the bigger gang of Italy and thing."

"Perché?"

"So stupid and irrational methods of dealing with things. Violent animals..." I say muttering the last part. I pull the blinds down again, watching the unconscious man tied to a chair. Him being the aim of the only light in the room.

"Everyone does that but haven't you ever thought about an easier way? I think you should start with light questions and gradually get to what you want, gathering more information as you manipulate the victim. Just start 'making them speak' when they really don't want to cooperate." I finish.