🎃 Fire, blood and candies | F.I. x Reader

"Is this a bad idea?" I raise an eyebrow at Frank, adjusting my backpack over my shoulder.

"Probably." He shrugs.

The old house stands tall in the distance, already with part of its roof damaged due to how they lit it on fire sometime ago, months after it was abandoned and lost its police department function. Unlike it once was, the house isn't exactly the most beautiful thing anymore, not after turning into a place the city hall uses for money laundering, but it's still exciting coming here with the risk of being caught by a random cop checking the area.

A loud creak comes from the gate when we open it, but the street continues as empty as it was before despite the houses nearby being occupied.

Now, why are we going to burn a stack of papers in a bucket and right inside the abandoned house? Well, I don't think it is easy to explain, maybe it would be easier to just say we ended up knowing a bit too much after a walk around what used to be the old swimming club and no one better find out about it either. For a small city, there are a lot of secrets.

"Man, sometimes I hate this house," I sigh, trying to step as carefully as possible so the old tiles won't creak. "Like something in here is trying to kill me."

"(Y/n), don't worry!" Frank hums, walking past me. "Everything here can kill you, but I can do it the most efficiently and I don't want to kill you, so it's all fine." He pulls the bucket from the corner and crouches down in the middle of what used to be the living room.

"Of course." I roll my eyes lightly with a smile and join him, pushing my bag to the front so I can get the envelopes off it and throw it all in the bucket.

"Good." Frank gets the bottle of vodka from his bag soaking the papers in it before I toss the lit match inside it. Both of us sigh at the same moment, relieved. "Do you want to come over to my place after this?" His eyes are still on the fire, reflecting the warm tones of it, and his hands rest on his knees, curled around it.

"Sounds cool," I say softly with a nod. "Frank?"

Frank hums questioningly and the lack of answer makes him turn to me, but all he receives is my lips pressed to his – he hums against my lips, deepening the kiss lightly.

"Y'know," he mutters, "what if we finished burning this thing?"

"For real?"

"For real," he chuckles. "Like, this is a good for nothing shitty place that's doing nothing rather than stuffing more money in some random politician's wallet, so..." He shrugs. "And there's no one around."

"Well, why not?"

.

"Small fire! I said to set a small fire!" Ray places his hands on his head, almost tugging on his own hair. "This is not small!"

Frank and I turn to take a look at what's happening behind us, at the old police department – or at least where it used to be. Now, it's just a big and beautiful flame with dark smoke coming from it.

"What if they come after us or something?"

"They won't, man, chill," Frank breathes, rolling his eyes. "Anyways, let's go grab something to eat, I've been dying to eat since lunch." He takes my hand in his and we walk past Gerard and Mikey, who haven't been able to do much more than to stare at the fire in the distance with dumbfounded faces.

"Arson is a crime!" Ray groans, walking after us and followed by the brothers.

"All of us wanted to do it, Ray, c'mon!" Frank twists his mouth. "Like, the whole city hates that thing and it should've been much better used before the PD took over and fucking destroyed the house! Now it was just a half burnt pile of trash!"