I Wanna Be Your Slave | AU | (1/3)

(A/n)

Thanks FrankLerosLipRing for the help.

___________
___________
___________

It's halfway through a cup of coffee that I notice Frank there, averting his eyes away after I catch him gazing at me from over the rim of the porcelain cup.

Frank's an interesting guy, to be honest, more than I thought he was when first talking to him - he ended up getting in trouble with the police and sought my gang for help. A devil who's searching for redemption. Considering his great skills, I decided to take him in, though not just because of it. For my own entertainment, too, of course. He was a bit too hopeless, despite the fight he put on.

People rarely dare coming to me directly, but Frank demonstrated more fear of the police than of me when knocking on my door and requesting to talk to me, seeking for help, which he was granted after Gerard made a research on his background. Then, it became obvious Frank wasn't just a pretty face running away from the police, not just another bad guy searching for redemption and coming directly to me wasn't a mindless act out of desperation.

"What do you have to do today?" I place the cup down and take the newspaper back in hand, running my eyes over the article regarding the death of five men. Well, no one told them to invade my warehouse. "I'm talking to you, Frank."

Frank immediately jumps on his place, cleaning his throat. "I, uh, I... Nothing really, I believe."

"Working out?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Just later by the day," he mutters, lowering his eyes when I glare. "Sorry, sir."

"No need to apologize." I shrug, folding the paper to place it down on the table and down the rest of my coffee. "Bother coming to the city with me today?" I smile. Not like he has a choice.

.

"What are we doing?" Frank raises an eyebrow, curious eyes visible under the rim of his newsboy hat.

"I just want to check on a few things in the company, nothing much. I wasn't here for a few days and I know how easy they can fuck it all up!" I put the cigar out against the wall to throw it in the trash before we can walk into the building, nodding in a quick greeting to the receptionist on our way to the elevator.

Once the elevator comes to a stop, we're met with '(L/n) Enterprises' written on the wall in wide letters - Frank stands there for a bit too long, gazing at everything, so I place a hand on the small of his back to pull him along with me out of the small space and down the hall.

"Clothes?" Frank raises an eyebrow as we walk past a room, the open door showing a few of the stylists working.

"Mainly." I nod, letting my hand fall to his hip and, despite the questioning look Frank shoots at me, I remain silent until we're coming into a room after a brief knock. "'Afternoon! Came to grab the papers!" I walk over to the desk. What a mess. I raise an eyebrow at Toro.

Frank seems to give up on all the questioning and quietly looks around. After all, Ray's office is one of the best ones in the building, with the back wall being completely made out of glass, which allows a great view of the city, not to mention it is wide and Ray did a good job with the decoration. Sometimes I wonder what kind of life Frank took. I never had the time to read the files about his background, but if Gerard said he's safe, then he's safe.

"My bad, (l/n)," Ray breathes with an awkward smile. "Things have been a bit messy. Y'know, beginning of the month." He quickly organizes a stash of papers and places it in a suitcase, handing it to me just for it to be passed directly to Frank, who messily takes it in hands. Ray raises an eyebrow at Frank. "The new boy?"