;Show me the world | Devil! F.I. x Siren! Reader

(A/n)

Suggestion by xbloodbulletx 

This oneshot is basically My Hellish Romance + Love Letters
Enjoy

__

Heyyy, children

So, I'm sorry for taking long to update, that's because I've been writing a new Fred Artério book 

______

______
______

Sighing, I throw a shell back in the sea and stretch myself, already bored again. Every time I sing, always the same kind of creatures show up - I'm tired of those, so I've been mentally trying to create a melody to attract someone... different. Maybe another angel, those rarely show up here.

The sun reflects on the water and turns it more inviting. Smiling, I let myself fall in the water while singing what I've thought of the new 'song' so far. I allow the water to carry me, the waves guiding my body while the song leaves my lips in the most natural way possible - this just feels amazing, like if the words and notes were practiced over and over earlier.

When looking up to the rocks I was in, I'm able to see a figure. A shiver runs down my spine because of the strong energy coming from them and I simply observe from the distance before finally deciding to approach.

I don't stop singing, sitting up on the rocks while looking at the male from under my eyelashes, studying his form. He doesn't do much - he stares at me intensely, with clear interest. For a few moments, I maintain the eye contact then slowly tilt my head to the side. He does the same, signing he's in daze. Chuckling, I stop singing, not wanting to kill him. "Hello." I greet with a smile.

"You sing very beautifully." He compliments. He looks human; I think; but his aura tells me something else.

"Thanks." I say, "I hear that a lot..." I trail off, half of my attention focused on analyzing him.

"But that's the first time hearing it from the devil, I'm sure." A smirk plays over his lips, making me eye him questioningly. "Nice to meet you. I've read about you in a lot, but never really believed you were real until now..." His eyes flicker over my figure. - I don't doubt about what he said; many people pass by and make drawings of me or descriptions to later add to their books about the sea or adventures, it's not rare hearing a comment about someone who read about me somewhere. Popularly, I'm described as a sea monster and that obviously doesn't please me.

"I'm (Y/n)." I say with a nod, shifting on my place; sure he already know that information, but still. - So the plan went well and here's the devil. He doesn't look that bad. "You don't look that bad." I decide to voice my thoughts, receiving a raised eyebrow in response. "I mean, by what people describe."

"Looking bad doesn't really help in the business." He breathes a chuckle and doesn't seem to get awkward when I don't react at all. "You don't look bad like the books portray you, either. I guess those are just because they don't know exactly what you are or to make their dumb stories more impressing." He comments, sitting down next to me. "So, won't you kill me?"

"I don't kill everyone who I attract." I explain, running a hand through my hair. "And I could ask the same about you."

"Just happened to be charmed by that beautiful melody and meet the siren I have books about. Figured out they're too beautiful to be killed." His tone is teasing, he still has that cocky expression over his face that makes me somehow want to punch it out of there.

"I know, I'm a celebrity." I mutter, looking away from him to the sea.

"Quite lonely here, I suppose?" He asks, looking around. "I mean, I don't believe the ones you attract stay for long or something."

He's right. People either only stay long enough to compliment my work or for a really short conversation - the ones that stay the most are the humans who I decide to kill, so their corpses continue in the bottom of the sea, but I don't really think that counts. "I'm kind of used to that already."

"Wow, that's sad." He says, making me shoot him a look. His eyes widen lightly, "No, no, I don't mean it that way, I sounded horrible." I roll my eyes, silently agreeing. "I mean that," He starts explaining, looking at me as if to check if I'll get it, "it's got to an extreme point where you got used to that and that's sad. You shouldn't be."

"Oh, really?" I raise an eyebrow - c'mon, let's admit no one likes to hear the truth.

"Sorry for bringing that up." He breathes, looking down at the water.

"Nah, I wasn't really nice, sorry." I say in a lighter tone.

"Have you ever left here?" He asks, blinking a few times, "All the books say you're always here and, like, they're thousands years old."

"No." I breathe a chuckle, remembering about all the times I thought about going in some adventure. "As stupid as it sounds, with the whole sea out there, no. Never gathered enough courage to." I scratch the side of my neck lightly, a bit awkward with the subject since I never really talked to anyone about it. "I guess I never felt the need to either because I can practically bring whoever I want here." I shrug, slowly moving my eyes away from him.

"Wow, really?" His tone is surprised. It makes my cheeks heat up a bit for no apparent reason. "You deserve to see much more than a few odd creatures that are inevitably attracted or all this boring water."

"I don't even know where exactly I am!" I exclaim, furrowing my eyebrows. "I've always been here and never knew exactly where I am."

He seems to think for a moment, "You're in the North Pacific Ocean, somewhere between the US and Japan."

"What is Japan and US?" I look at him confused and roll my eyes when receiving a look of disbelief in return. "I'm here since humanity started wandering around the oceans and it's not like someone gave me a fucking explanation about the world!"

He's silent for a moment, leading me to get awkward again; I sigh. "So," I look at him again and raise an eyebrow at his smirking face, "would you like to know the world?"

"I..." I trail off, thinking about it. "I don't know. I guess. What if I don't like it or something?"

"You'll never know if you don't go." He looks at me with a lazy smile, knowing he just proved a point. "I'll take you to every place in the world."

"Well..." I mutter, "I don't even know you properly."

"Do you know anyone properly?" He asks carefully and I think for a moment.

That's it. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. "Alright." I exhale, allowing myself to show him a smile. "Impress me. Show me the world."

______________