Lovesong | F.I. x Reader | (1/2)

(A/n)

Small help from Kate here and xbbx had already suggested an oneshot based on that magazine cover Frank is on, with butterflies. I mean, it's not directly inspired from the cover pic but the light colors gave a classic music vibe.

______
______
______

As usual, I sit down on the piano bench after the class is over. I don't really like coming to the extra course but there's an advantage; there's a piano. Disadvantage? It's on the reception room and the same one where the students wait to get inside their classrooms, it's really wide. But y'know what? My love for playing the piano is bigger than my care towards people's thoughts.

I place my bag on the floor, near to me, and stare at the black and white keys for a moment, thinking about what should I play today. - I've played Chopin for the whole past week, must play something new. - I soon start playing La Vie en Rose, noticing I've already caught some people's attention but ignore it, focusing on the song. Pressing the keys softly and getting more secure as I play the song, I even move myself according to the song's intensity, letting myself get carried away by it.

When I'm by the song's middle, when there's a small pause before the most agitated part, I notice someone sitting down next to me and starting to play along. I don't raise my head to look at who is it but observe the familiar male tattooed hands that start playing the low notes while I work on the just higher ones now.

The last note is pressed - a lower one - when we reach the end of the song. I finally raise my head to look at Frank. I don't talk to him that often but have already exchanged opinions about a thing or two. "Hey."

"Finally I could gather enough courage to come and play with you." He breathes a chuckle.

"I don't see that as an advantage." I comment with a modest smile.

"C'mon, you play very well, everyone loves listening to you playing. There are even a few videos they share. You know about that, right?"

"Of course. Hm, I didn't know you played." I say, "I've heard you play the guitar well and all, but piano?"

"A good musician knows a bit about every instrument." He winks and I roll my eyes, chuckling.

"Yeah, I do know a bit of guitar, violin, flute, you should too." I joke with a side grin.

"Hey, what are you implying?" He raises an eyebrow, giving me a funny look.

"Open interpretation." I say ignoring his protests and starting to play another song, one Ray taught me once; Cancer. To my surprise, Frank starts playing with me - I decide to ask him about that later. The song ends and I turn to him, "C'mon, don't you tell me we have the same friends."

"Looks like so." He chuckles shrugging. "Great coincidences. Since when do you play piano?"

"Since I was a kid." I smile. "I practically dedicate my life to it. Even with the college and extra courses' pressure, I still manage to find a time to play."

"It's really worth it." He nods. "At least if you fail in college you have a plan b." He jokes.

"Yeah, always with a backup option." I joke along. "Join the mafia and gain money for doing what I feel the need to at least once a day, kill people."

He laughs. "But really, you play it very well. I've been watching for a time and..." Frank blushes lightly, "I-I'm not gonna lie, I really wanted to play with you but I was afraid to get it wrong."

"Oh, please." I furrow my eyebrows and offer him a small smile, "Everyone gets it wrong sometimes, even me. You should've approached earlier." His blush increases a bit as he smiles too, his lips pressed together. "So, let's play another one?" I ask, "Do you like Mozart, by chance?"