Cinderella...? | F.I. x Reader | AU | (1/2)

(A/n)

thatonenerd06 sent me this, thx
That's actually a nice plot

_____
_____

"A ball."

"A masquerade ball."

"No, like, how'll you see their face?"

"Do I need to?" I shrug, looking down at the grass. "Let me fall in love with their intelligence and talk, not their looks." I show Mikey a side grin and he rolls his eyes. "C'mon, you may find someone too."

"But I don't-"

"Maybe someone will fall for your intelligence too, I'm actually giving everyone a chance." I laugh when Mikey glares at me. "Whatever. I'm a noble, I need to have someone. Either I chose a spouse or someone will choose and people here don't really have a good taste." I trail off, twisting my mouth.

"You're right." Mikey snickers and I don't need any explanation to understand he's referring to the last candidate - a guy who couldn't stop talking about his skills and used horrible clothes. I shake my head and slap his arm playfully. "When is it going to happen?"

"Thursday night." I answer. "The invitations are being sent already."

"Well," He eyes me confused, "then you're just going to invite the other nobles? You complain the whole time they're ugly as hell."

"Not them." I roll my eyes, stopping in front of the roses and appreciating them. "The whole kingdom."

"Whole kingdom?" He widens his eyes and I nod. "Isn't that a bit too much?"

"This whole castle for a single person is too much too, but here we are, huh?" I say and he mutters an agreement. "It's going to be exciting, you've got to admit." I grin, looking up from the roses to the male. He tilts his head, raising his eyebrows.

~

"Didn't have anything better to do so decided to throw another ball?" Ray says teasingly, a smirk over his lips while his eyes are covered by a dark blue mask.

"Yes, it's my pastime." I grin, deciding to play along. "But I'm trying to get a spouse this time." I say taking my hand off of my suit's pocket to grab a champagne glass from a tray one of the waiters has in hand.

"Well, I'm right here." I'm able to identify Gerard's voice coming from behind a black and red mask. I don't need to see his face to know he has a cocky grin on; he shifts his weight to a single leg.

"Did I comment you're looking better with that mask on? I guess a tape over your mouth would help too." I take a sip of my champagne while watching the male groan as looking away and chuckle at his discontented manner.

"And how are you planning on choosing the person?" He asks, returning his gaze to me.

"I don't know, I'll know it's the right person when I see them." I say, already annoyed at how people don't understand how I am throwing a ball to choose a spouse and yet it's a masquerade one.

"And then invited the whole kingdom..." Gerard mutters as raising his mask a bit to bring his glass to his lips and I roll my eyes. Ray simply chuckles at us.

"Where's Mikey?" I ask. In response, Ray points to a group of people and I can identify him between some women. - Seems like he is looking for someone after all.

"Someone got your eye already?" Ray asks interested, coming closer to my side and following my gaze as I look around.

"Not really." I place my now empty glass over the table we're next to. "I'm waiting until the dance."