Fix me a cig | F.I. x Reader

(A/n)

Requested by Hewo_child_here

_____________
_____________
_____________

I stare at the cigarette and suddenly notice my jaw is clenched and my fingernails are digging into the fabric of my jacket covering my arms. When did it happen? A sigh escapes my nose as I look away from the person's hand and my gaze finds Frank's like a magnet finding a metal piece. He's glaring, not in the reprehending manner I expected him to, but more of analyzing me intensely. Actually intimidation.

Rolling my eyes, I shake my head lightly and turn my attention to the interviewer once again. Frank continues observing me for a moment before he finally looks away, shifting his position lightly. We're all laughing at something Gerard says not long after this and I'm internally hoping Frank won't bring this up later.

Everything happened about a couple of months ago when Frank and I suddenly fell to reality about how much we were smoking after Gerard asked how many packs we were smoking a day. Gerard's face of disbelief and worry stayed in our minds for long enough Frank and I made a decision. It was actually a midnight decision and in the following morning we were already regretting it when our bodies ached for nicotine.

"Then," Frank had said after we had finished a guilty morning smoke beside the bus and making sure no one else was around. "Let's do it like this. You know that stupid habit Mikey has of going for a walk as soon as he wakes up, before eating breakfast?"

I thought for a moment and nod. Mikey doesn't even comb his hair and leaves the bus to mostly take a walk around the parking lot. Sometimes Ray follows him.

"If he returns with a fucking bagel and a latte coffee today," Frank continued, carrying a suspicious certainty in his tone. "Then we quit."

"Uh huh, very clever," I snorted. "The nearest café is a block away from here and Mikey doesn't drink latte so often, not to mention he rarely brings something to eat. That's bullshit, Frank," my eyes narrowed at him, but he didn't do anything grand rather than shrugging, turning his face away in a forced careless manner. That motherfucker.

There was this feeling like if the bet had been unconsidered, but, as soon as we saw Mikey returning to the bus with a small paper bag in a hand and a coffee cup in the other, we started watching him carefully. Mikey shot us a weird look once close enough.

"What do you have in there, Mikey?" I asked him.

Displeasure was obvious on his face.

"Nothing I'm giving you, I bought these for me," Mikey complained, walking into the bus without even taking a second glance at us.

"No, I just wanna know what you've got, Mikey!" I complained, following him until one of the first steps. Ray was sitting on one of the chairs by the kitchen area and looked up from his phone to follow what was happening, probably alarmed by my uselessly urgent tone. Maybe not so useless.

Mikey huffed and I didn't even need to see his face to know he was rolling his eyes. "It's a fucking bagel and a latte, (y/n)!" He answered with his back to me and stopping to sit across from Ray, setting his things on the table. His voice was followed by a tired voice coming from the bunks area, making Mikey curse more and louder, just to annoy his brother.

Frank was standing by the doorway and a silent look shared between us was enough.

"It's a fucking pact, not a fucking simple agreement." I muttered to Frank with narrowed eyes and the words seemed heavy enough with the minimal change on his expression and an audible thick gulp coming from him.